Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

When I said everything was still complete, I didn't mean I was using it all. I'll go to a different S box, basicly I will only use the axle. Ron Pope has disc brakes. With the shocks on the rear moved in and all that, this won't be no road race deal.

Quote Originally Posted by vht View Post
    When I said everything was still complete, I didn't mean I was using it all. I'll go to a different S box, basicly I will only use the axle. Ron Pope has disc brakes. With the shocks on the rear moved in and all that, this won't be no road race deal.
    Sounds like a good plan. I've switched several solid axles to disc but never with a kit. I usually just engineer a bracket for the caliper by using the cheap weld on brackets like speedway sells. I think the biggest obstacle was when we put S-10 rotors on a 38 Ford pickup and had to machine a spacer. Usually costs about $100 with the brackets and new S-10 calipers and used rotors. Here's a picture of mine on the Econoline axle in my 29. I used Aerostar rotors over the original Econoline hubs. New bearings, calipers, the brackets and hoses and I still had less than $200 into the whole set up.

Ron's kit is $250. I figure by the time I gather everything up that I'd be better off going with him. I hope this axle has the bigger spindle like the trucks, he said he can do either size but bigger is better to me. Come 2 sizes in 38.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123