Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Frame is just about completed, I need to add the rear brake lines and that's it. Hopefully in the next week I will have a HEMI to install on it.

Your attention to detail is great, the frame looks great. I'm using an S10 frame on my 53 Studebaker Couple turned into a Fleetside pickup! Just in the process of disassembling the chassis.
    Just for your info, the Chevy Astro/Safari van rear leaf springs are same as 2" lowered S10 springs!
    I have built 2 projects on Killbillet. 1939 Oldsmobile pickup? and 1953 Studebaker Fleetside Pickup. Check them out!

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rod View Post
    Your attention to detail is great, the frame looks great. I'm using an S10 frame on my 53 Studebaker Couple turned into a Fleetside pickup! Just in the process of disassembling the chassis.
    Just for your info, the Chevy Astro/Safari van rear leaf springs are same as 2" lowered S10 springs!
    I have built 2 projects on Killbillet. 1939 Oldsmobile pickup? and 1953 Studebaker Fleetside Pickup. Check them out!
    Thanks for the compliment and the info about the rear springs. This is the stance it had stock springs with no motor or tranny, really nothing in truck but the sheet metal hanging on frame. Once I get everything installed it will come down nice and low.

Got the 5.7 HEMI home and started the install. The modification for the install won't be too bad front motor mounts will be pretty straight forward, I will have to build the trans mount from scratch. I will also have to put in a rack and pinion steering gear. The front pulleys won't allow me the room for the original steering gearbox.

A 93-95 Dodge Intrepid has a front steer rack with the inner tie rod connections at the center of the rack, it is the front steer equivalent to the rear steer Caviler rack with the center connections. It might make things easier. Gene

I used the Dodge Interpid on my 39 Olds Pickup in Old Skool section and it worked well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    A 93-95 Dodge Intrepid has a front steer rack with the inner tie rod connections at the center of the rack, it is the front steer equivalent to the rear steer Caviler rack with the center connections. It might make things easier. Gene
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rod View Post
    I used the Dodge Interpid on my 39 Olds Pickup in Old Skool section and it worked well.
    Thanks for the advice on the rack. I will look into the intrepid rack system.

New floor is made and installed on the 53. Now that I have a solid floor to work with I can mock up the steering column and brake pedal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12