Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register

Default the next build... not ratty??

so i sold my diesel powered 27 coupe. it made 855hp and 1505 ft/lbs torque, and those were my goals, so it was time to sell.
    ive had a bunch of people ask what is next..... and though its not rat rod in nature, it IS awesome and every child's dream who was raised on hot-wheels.

the same night i sold the Rat Rod, i went and bought a MINT 2003 hayabusa street bike.... to chop up as my donor. ive been collecting the proper wheels, steering wheel, turbo, intercooler, radiators, and all the parts and bits over the last 2 weeks.

im building a 1960 Ferrari 156 (shark nose) Formula-1 race car....... that will be streetable and licensed.
    chromoly tube frame, 300hp turbo 1300cc hayabusa motor, street bike coilovers, real center 'knock-off' wire wheels, carbon fiber and aluminum body, and so on.
    my goal is 300hp and no more than the original cars weight of 960lbs
    it will be alot of fab work to make things mate up and get the body just right, but it should be epic if i can pull it off.

heres my progress so far, with lots of parts coming in the mail.

What a cool project!! I always wanted a CANAM style street car. I will definitely be following this. Can't wait. Keep us posted

You never follow the norm do ya! Will be following this for sure!
    Clutter is the evidence of life!

https://www.minterfab.com/

This will be sweet! I'm not sure if you've given any thought to a rear end yet, but Dave Held(who built my rear subframe) down in Florida with Team321 builds a wicked tube frame setup for an IRS. He will go so far as to help you design it in CAD. Below is a couple pictures of his designs, and the website....Click Here

WP
    Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow

Wire puller, that's what you should do for the powertrain in your van.
    Turbo, glad to hear you sold the diesel and we get to follow along on your next creation. Where abouts did the 27 go?

everything has been done these days. and im not into that

the rear end will be chain driven... much like a goKart

Hey Turbo, are you going to start a build thread on here somewhere? I think it fits the frankenrods section.

haha, i doesn't fit this forum in any way!! haha.
    i started an instagram page if you have that. @ howisthatstreetlegal

i built a frame table and am still just collecting parts but have made a few bends with my bender. otherwise nothing fun to see yet. the real work will start in a week or so

Quote Originally Posted by turbominivan View Post
    haha, i doesn't fit this forum in any way!! haha.
    i started an instagram page if you have that. @ howisthatstreetlegal

i built a frame table and am still just collecting parts but have made a few bends with my bender. otherwise nothing fun to see yet. the real work will start in a week or so
    I found it on Instagram. I don't get on there much but I'll follow along!