Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

one of the coolest cars ive seen in a long time. can you go into specifics on what type of tires they are and how long theyve lasted.

That good sir, is bad ass. I'd love to take that thing for a whirl

This is one of my top ten all time favorite cars... You nailed it

thanks for the compliments guys! ive been driving it lots and loving it! it is the funnest thing ive ever driven for sure! in fact its so fun that i listed my 27 diesel beast for sale because after driving this, nothing compares. haha. it could use 40-50 more hp to be that much more awesome, but its still pretty great!
    its been getting lots of looks this summer.
    someone asked about the tires.... the first tires i put on it (in the earlier pics here) didnt last long as they were soft dual sport motocross tires, and they had no real side wall so the car was easy to drift and tons of fun making them wear fast, but i switched to a 21" shinko street bike radial and they have been lasting better. the fronts have almost no wear after a month or 2 of driving, but the bcks are getting down there already because of my welded diff. if i had an open diff that didnt always drag one tire around corners i would likely get 3 seasons out of a set by rotating them now and again. i may put the open diff back in but really the cost of broken model A spider gears and pinions, is going to be about the same as replacing tires each season.... so well see how things look by fall. the welded model A diff has been taking my 150hp abuse and driving style very well!! but the tires dont. =)
    heres a sweet shot someone got at a local show last week.

Wow, i cant believe you put you diesel rat up for sale! You did a killer job on this little ride! Thanks for sharing
    Clutter is the evidence of life!

https://www.minterfab.com/

another great shot from a cruise a few weeks ago

and an AMAZINGLY loud dyno video of it. a cute little 123hp, 88 ft/lb torque. haha

https://youtu.be/7ryiguVd2f8

The whole car is an impressive effort but those seats man! Wow. I'd love to hear the details on putting those together.

Amazing work as usual.
    I just saw you sold the diesel. Good for you, and the lucky buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by el caballo loco View Post
    The whole car is an impressive effort but those seats man! Wow. I'd love to hear the details on putting those together.
    haha. they are made of wood, lots of glue, screws, some bondo, and some trick paint work. this is about the 5th set ive made and by far my best yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast