Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I understand what your saying .... but I feel good about it because I know how it's built ... it's not just two pieces of flat bar welded together ... it's 30 pieces ... the stress points are almost 2" thick solid .... ok solid mild steel but still it's built strong.

Until it breaks or whatever it's gonna do ... I'm gonna drive it like I stole it..... just kidding ... I just putt putt around ... 45 .. 50 max. Don't want anyone to get hurt. It's got 456 gears anyways.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	48 plymouth 061.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	137839Click image for larger version. 

Name:	48 plymouth 062.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	137840[ATTACH=CONFIG]137841[/ATTACH

]When it breaks, hopefully no one gets killed, like my family, when your heading down the road towards them at 50 mph. Those things are what brings the law makers down on all the rat rodders.

These pictures are what happens in a 30 mph head on crash. The car that crossed the center line was smashed back to the firewall! Her steering column air bag saved her life. I got 11 stitches and a sprained thumb. we were both lucky. I take things like axles pretty seriously. Gene
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	48 plymouth 068.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	137841  

Sorry to hear that .... we never know whats gonna happen but I would rather face a home built rat rod driver than a woman driver putting on makeup.

Having said that .... here is a build video for anyone interested.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/1JCKcBif-LY

I just came across your build, very nice job. I was wondering what you did with the paint or finish? I love the look!

Justbob, any chance you have pics in detail of the torsion bar setup? Iv been looking for info on how to do it. Pm if you would like so i dont highjack the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Laster View Post
    I just came across your build, very nice job. I was wondering what you did with the paint or finish? I love the look!
    Spray it black ... then spray a little silver on a rag that is damp with thinner and start rubbing in the direction you want the grain ..... very simple ... practice makes perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratick View Post
    Justbob, any chance you have pics in detail of the torsion bar setup? Iv been looking for info on how to do it. Pm if you would like so i dont highjack the thread.
    Some torsion bar and parts come from a 99 Ford Explorer.

By the way .... we've been driving it since December on some pretty rough roads without a single problem .... drive and handles great ... just sayin.

Thanks for your interest.

In my opinion, looks like you perfected it! Would love to have this finish on my tudor. Great Job.

Hey thanks alot bob!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast