Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Well Im heading that direction today to clean up shop a little bit now that winter is finally here its not 120* and burning my damn hands on the metal. See what I can figure out. worst case it become a convertible. Doubt I'll F it up that bad tho. Thanks for your advise!

Don't laugh, your daughter might be in this car.

I have a buddy that will hopefully be coming to give me a helping hand with this in the next few coming weeks. Anyone here in Az?

Well since this past week the lady was working opposite schedule as me I decided it was time to get the motor together as much as possible. Here is the out come

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	138822

Views:	61 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	138823Click image for larger version. 

Views:	52 
Size:	161.0 KB 
ID:	138824

Well....I re-started.... No matter how I cut the frame and channeled it and modified it at the end of the day I wasnt happy with it. The attempt to do something different was being wasted in the frame and I was getting no where wasting time on something that should require more functionality than looks on a budget. So my frame is scrapped. Got an s10 front end so parts are easy to find and simple to install. Making it a typical s10 bagger frame and moving forward from their. Went to a local car show and measured out some bagged S10's and their measurements are damn near what I will be needing. Pics will come up this weekend.

new Frame is 90% done. Just need to move the links on the rear axle and set it up. Going to paint it black tomorrow so the welds dont rust over by the time I get this thing all together.

Name:	IMG_2698.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	139287

Woke up today to my beautiful lady explaining that iv put a lot of work into our wedding next month and she would like to see some progress on the rat. (this is one of many reasons why I fell in love with her!! :D Anywho I got a decent spending limit approved and ordered 4 air bags, the 4 link bracket for the frame side, some fittings to fill it from the shop compressor for now and the brackets ill need to mount them on the rear axle and front of the s10. Hopefully I will see these early next week and have em on by friday!!

It is always makes these projects less stressful when you have the support of your better half...lol! Looking forward to the progress.

WP

Absolutely does! I taught her how to Plasma cut and now Anytime I plug it in she takes it away from me.

On another note, I officially have wayyyyy to many parts laying around for this and not enough time. It's actually quite depressing to know that 90% of what I need is there except a trans and drive shaft to make it run. I found an awesome deal on CL from a local guy with an entire front clip from a 1938 buick. It will need some modifications however with some fine tuning it will be SWEEEEEET. I dont have any photos of it right now but there will be a TON of them coming.

Just ordered my Solenoids for the suspension. I think im going to go the a local O'rielly store and grab one of their cheap "portable air tanks" and using that with my fairly large tire compressor thats used for semi's and adapt that to the air bags. I thought about buying a controller to run it all but Id rather have 2 switches on the dash for front and rear controls. (instead of having separate bag control) Hoping later on I can do something cool with those and make some kid of handles and hide the switches behind them under the dash.

Lots of photo's to come. I took friday off to have some time to work on it with no interruptions

Hey man, good lookin build. Just wanted to say i have 2 are ride rigs one is a front and rear switched setup and the other is individual switches for each corner. Sonce i finished the car wich has the 4 switch setup, ill be changing my truck from 2 to 4 switchs. It never sits level. If therebis only one person in it it sags to the driver side. I would think about doin 4 switchs. Itz easier now rather than later . Just my thought
    Clutter is the evidence of life!

https://www.minterfab.com/

I have been going back and forth on the idea. I found a company that sells solenoid valves for $10. For now I am going to continue with the front and rear manifold just to get the frame off the grounds and get the bags set up. Its frame only right now so If I change to 4 switch set up it wouldn't be hard. I appreciate the Input as I have been going back and forth on this concept and mathematically having a single manifold with a Brass T running to each bag would produce a certain amount of sag as the wheels articulate and cycle the air inside the bag.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast