Started my Friday with cycling the front suspension a few times with all new balljoints and control arm bushings. Made sure the bags at full extension and full pancake aren't rubbing any part of the frame I had to cut out. SO far everything looks great. It will be another beast once there is weight on it.
Some of you may say these arent the greatest welds but for someone who only has a year or so under there belt I feel like iv come a lot further than when I started playing around with it. So yes this is a pride photo!
After I got the 4 links lined up and where I wanted them I had to take in account for the bag drop and rise and think I found what will work best for me. The links are 1.25 wall sticks that I cut from the "kit" links. Cut to the same lengths I just wast impressed by the quality of there work. Used the ends on it kept the rusty look.
Finally welded on the rear bags and got them filled up and MAN Im so happy with how it came out. I wanted a little more height in rear just so I can rake it and from what I measure I can go a full 2" higher in the rear which is perfect.
This last photo the axle is mounted but not tightened down. I went wide with the links as I think it would be sweet to have them sitting on the outside of the fleet wood fins. If not I have room to work with as I am using wheels that suck as far in as possible. Last think I need to do is tighten up all the bolts, weld some brackets for the watts link, and lastly once I have a trans and drive shaft I'll Line the pinion angle up. However Im that much closer... Once I get this done I'll be putting the cab back together and getting everthing Lined up and then dropping the motor in!