Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

So I finally got around to getting my motor put back together. Funny how it took me a couple of hours to get the heads pulled off of it and to the machine shop with the hope of getting the heads back and the motor put together over the Thanksgiving break. Well, I did end up getting the heads back before Thanksgiving, but the assembly didn't get finished up till Christmas break.

Anyways, I got in my first successful test drives in the day after Christmas venturing out a bit further after each return trip home. I made a trip to the parts store to get some coolant to top off the radiator...I think it took me 30 minutes to get out of there. I still have a long list of things to do but for now, I think I'll mostly drive it. Come spring I'll be back at it with a couple small things done between now and then.

Here's a short video I put together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRtkcPPpmJw

Last edited by HUSSEY; 12-27-2016 at 02:49 PM.

My 49 AD Build -- Thread -- Pictures

Looks and sounds great!

I got my exhaust finished up. I'm running a Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow muffler. I'm not sure how I ended up choosing that muffler way back when I bough it...I think I heard it on another guys truck at a parts store but I really didn't research it much before buying it. Before I had the exhaust dumping just before the axle and it was loud as hell from inside the cab. With the exhaust out back under the bumper it's a bit quieter but I may end up with a different muffler. I've been told it doesn't sound obnoxious going down the road, it just seems to drone in the cab a bit more than I think I would like on longer drives.

I can't recall if you have sound and heat insulation in your cab.

Just wondering how much that would affect the noise.

Yrs back I had a chopped top 62 Chevy burb with glass packs and one 4hr trip on the highway just about drove me mad.

Got rid of them the next week and went to Corvair Turbo mufflers.

^^^^^As of now no insulation whatsoever. Future plans are new weather stripping and a fully insulated and carpeted cab. I think I'll be installing a tamer muffler before any extended drives in it.

Sounds like a plan!

I absolutely love your build and I am most likely going to build my truck identically to yours
    I have a 1950 Chevy 3600
    planning an cutting the long box down to a shorty I have mentioned your post to others who want to do the same thing as you did

I don't know if you have Facebook or not but there is some awesome groups on there on these builds also 47-54 Chevy truck technical info swap meet etc

Quote Originally Posted by olsonjc View Post
    I don't know if you have Facebook or not but there is some awesome groups on there on these builds also 47-54 Chevy truck technical info swap meet etc

I'm on there. Lots of good info and cool trucks.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112