Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1968 GMC Pickup

Default 1968 GMC Pickup

So I have started a few things on my '68 GMC pickup. I recently had the carburetor overhauled as it never ran right from when I bought the truck. It was well worth the cash spent to do so as it runs way better now and starts up great in the cold weather. I also had my rally wheels powder coated white. I am thinking of parting with my current project '65 VW Bus to fund the truck and possibly another ride.

As it looked when I bought it:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	68 GMC 1.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	128730Click image for larger version. 

Name:	68 GMC 2.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	128731Click image for larger version. 

Name:	68 GMC.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	128732

Wheels powder coated and after I put them on the pickup:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	white wheels.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	128733Click image for larger version. 

Name:	white wheels_.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	128734Click image for larger version. 

Name:	68 GMC 3.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	128735

Next on the list is to lower it 2" in the front and 4" in the rear. Then eventually pull the motor and have it worked over for some added power and burn out fun. It currently runs a 4 bolt main 350 from the 70's that was a replacement motor for the original and a TH400 trans.
    Last edited by Dan the Man; 12-02-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Nice! I'm growing fond of the long beds .

Nice!

have you considered finding a rebuildable core? That way your down time is less? Still drive the bugger while the block is getting worked on?

Cool - I like the powder coated wheels too.

I'm always on the hunt for another long bed too - love the long and low one's.

Keep rock'n Dan!

Lookin good Dan, I don't need more (that's my girlfriend talking) but I wouldn't mind an old long bed I could slam. I would put a logo on the door and use it for hauling bikes and dump runs.

Thanks for the comments guys. I would find a good core to build off but to keep it cheaper I would rather use the motor that is in it currently especially with it being a good 4 bolt main block. The plan is to through some kind of logo on the side whether it's Killbillet or something else I haven't figured out yet. Should be fun though and a good change of pace as I am tired of welding rust up and want to just un bolt and bolt new components on. Sounds like more fun to me right now.

How about a realistic logo, Something like plumbing or electrical service. I did a scout up as a local IH dealer parts delivery truck and people believed it. The possibilities are endless.

nice C-10 Dan.... That one looks really solid!

Thanks, I actually have a sweet logo all set up that I will likely spray on there. I recently sold my '65 bus as it was just too much for me to want to do now. So now I have some extra cash hanging around to build this monster and another bus I just picked up. Hoping to start on it soon but it is my current daily as it is snowy and cold out.

Like the white powder coat on the wheels. Ever think about spraying the roof white too? I love the long beds, only owned one short bed in my whole life and hated it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast