Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register

Default Clausen All U Need primer ?

Has anyone used Clausens All-U-Need primer ??

As always the write up say it is the best thing since sliced bread and I ask because I would never pass as anything close to a body man so any advantage I can get would be worth it to me .

Would I be getting the same results if I simply did 3 -4 coats of a hi build primer ? It also says it has a built in guide coat ??

Also........ can body filler be thinned with anything ?????

Oldog

I know nothing about the Clausens stuff.
    Adding less hardener can help keep filler thin but, obviously, it will slow down the cure.
    Using one of the better fillers such as Rage Gold is like spreading warm butter. Not cheap though but it does teach you to straighten the metal better to use less.

Thanks old dog I bought some rage gold today , I was trying to find the Rage Extreme because I thought it would sand easier .

I meant to add a link for the Clausen primer and here it is ;;;;;

http://www.tptools.com/Clausen-ALL-U...r-Qt,3184.html

Quote Originally Posted by Old earth dog View Post
    I know nothing about the Clausens stuff.
    Adding less hardener can help keep filler thin but, obviously, it will slow down the cure.
    Using one of the better fillers such as Rage Gold is like spreading warm butter. Not cheap though but it does teach you to straighten the metal better to use less.

They make products to thin filler ( Evercoat Plastik Honey ) but beware that the added resin will lessen the flexibility of the filler. The best for high build primer is Evercoat Slick sand. It is a polyester primer but you will need at least a 2.0 cap and needle to spray it. Body and paint work is very labor intensive. Do not through away all of your labor because you saved a few dollars on materials. The difference between a 5 year paint job and a 20 year paint job can be an extra $100 spent on primer!

They used to make a high build primer that was almost like a thinned out evercoat glaze. It sprayed like primer sealer but filled like glaze. I can find out the name tomorrow at work from a painter who's been at it since the 70's.

They used to call it feather fill I think. evercoat still makes it. You need a gun with a big head on it to spay it right. like a 2.0 to 2.7 head. I thin my bondo with the evercoat metal glaze

I forgot to get the name, I was talking about a different product then feather fill. Its from clausons, its an epoxy primer thats almost like glaze. Yeah I think it took a large tip spray gun as our painter had a gun specifically for it. It would fill 40 grit scratches & even tiny dor dings /rock chips & once cured wouldn't shrink back.

I've used the Clauson Primer. It takes a long time for it to dry, but once it dries it sands really good. You certainly don't want to use it if your shop is cold. I don't think I will ever use it again even though I still have quite a bit left. I saw it on the Power Block Shows and thought I'ld give it a try. They really talk as if it was the best thing around. There are other primers that cost less and work better. That's just my opinion.

My two cents!

The primer is the foundation of your paint job. If the primer fails , so does all of your paint work. Would you build your house on a discount foundation?