Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default 53 Willys Pick Up

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0889sm.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	114701Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0892.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	114700I am building a 53 Willys pick em up truck. Like everyone else I wanted a 30's Ford but alas they are pricey and hard ti find. So I found this Willys right in my neighborhood and now I'm very happy to start with something so off the wall. I purchased this from a guy who owned it for over 30 years. It sports a Z'd frame with a modified wheelbase. I have a 302 motor with a C4 and a Ford 9 inch. I am running a dropped straight I beam in the front. The body is chopped and channeled with a home made flat top replacing the factory bubble top. I am hoping to put a flat olive drab paint job on it and the main theme is "Trucky".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0723.JPG 
Views:	192 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	113727   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0784sm.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	113728   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	body drop.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	311.2 KB 
ID:	113729   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0781sm.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	113730   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0881sm.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	113731  

Last edited by Dirtydog; 10-15-2013 at 03:24 PM.

2. Default

liking the look, especially the flat top hair cut.

stance is dead on.

Dig.

working on a 50 Willys myself.

That's going to be nice... Luv the Willys...

I'm with You Guys, a Willys Is the way to go Just a Wee bit off center! (right where I STAY, just ask my Wife, Kids and most EVERY body I know! )

Thumbs up

Pretty cool, there's a couple Willy's rods running around here in northern Colorado, I have look through your photos a couple time to make sure yours wasn't one of them.

Default 53 Willys

Quote Originally Posted by chopperchuck View Post
    Pretty cool, there's a couple Willy's rods running around here in northern Colorado, I have look through your photos a couple time to make sure yours wasn't one of them.
    chopperchuck, I'm in sunny So. Cal. I like seeing what others have done with their Willys pick ups. There are several on google images.

Default Dirty dog

where in SO. CAL are I'm also in SO. CAL may can hook up i'm wanting to also build a willys just cant find a good starting point

Default So Cal WIllys

Quote Originally Posted by green monster View Post
    where in SO. CAL are I'm also in SO. CAL may can hook up i'm wanting to also build a willys just cant find a good starting point
    I'm in La Habra. I'd be happy to help you with a starting point. I am well into my project and I have figured quite a few thins out. Should be getting the engine and trans back this coming week. Got the cab primed 1st coat. Should have it painted soon. I'll put the new items on the rolling chassis and it should look like a hot rod. Now it's all the little things which there is no shortage of.

I'm in San Bernardino that not to far from you. i'm still looking for a cab to start had a 54 chevy truck cab that I started and sold and ready to start on new project some thing different and I don't see all lot if any willys rat rods plus I really like the look of the willys trucks

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast