Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Default Dirt Cheap 66 Impala more door

Been a long time since ive made a post on here but at last i have something to post. This beauty should come in way under 3000 since i currently have absolutely nothing in it. This car was given to me. It is an original 327 impala with very few miles (under 50,000) the way i understand it the original owner died ans his kids yanked the 327 and powerglide for something else then sold the car. The guy who bought it sat on it for years and i have ended up with it because he lost interest. Everthing on the car works, all lights, dimmer switch, wiper motor. The interior is like new, even the headliner is perfect. As far as the drive train goes, i have an 81 vette that has a badly jacked up frame that will be donating a late model 350 and turbo 350 trans. And the motor will be getting the old school treatment with a weiand tunnel ram and old school aluminum finned valve covers. Thats my starting point anyway... I will post pics as i make progress. Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-23_12-09-29_8.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	94549   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-24_19-11-06_673.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	94550   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-24_19-10-44_313.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	94551   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-24_19-13-09_846.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	94552  

Angry Bad weather delay

Well the weather in the Vol state decided to go crappy on me for my planned week of motor transplanting. I may have to start in-spite of the Seattle-esque overcast and constant cold drizzle. hopefullly I'll have some progress pics up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by brokeasajoke View Post
    Well the weather in the Vol state decided to go crappy on me for my planned week of motor transplanting. I may have to start in-spite of the Seattle-esque overcast and constant cold drizzle. hopefullly I'll have some progress pics up soon.
    Are you in TN? I saw you said the VOL state, I'm assuming the volunteer state,i will say snow in late March almost April is odd. Hopefully it will kill the bugs off.

The IMP loooks good and solid! I'm looking forward to the progress on this build!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristCrusader13 View Post
    Are you in TN? I saw you said the VOL state, I'm assuming the volunteer state,i will say snow in late March almost April is odd. Hopefully it will kill the bugs off.

The IMP loooks good and solid! I'm looking forward to the progress on this build!
    yep, just southwest of clarksville Tn. The weather has definately been odd to say the least, seems like its been that way for a few years now. I'll be ok if i can just manage to pull the donor engine and trans out of the vette, after that it'll be cake cause the Impala is indoors!
    Hopefully I'll have something to show in the next day or so. I'm definitely going to try to make it quick, i can't wait to take this old boat down the road!

Smile Made a little progress today!

Got an early start yanking the engine and trans from the poor neglected, molested and otherwise cobbled 81 corvette today. And i actually managed to set the engine down in the Impala after some work on the engine bay with a pressure washer. Gonna have to do something different for motor mounts though, i.wasnt able to reuse the vette mounts because one of them was welded (yes welded) onto the vette frame, and all i had laying around were some old truck mounts that are way too wide for the stock impala frame mounts. So either i'm going to find a real cheap set or make em' myself. Any way about it the hard work is over, no more cardboard creepers and concrete jack stands in the gravel driveway. The rest of the work will be done with the luxury of a car lift!

Name:	2013-03-27_11-44-09_591.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	94722   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-27_11-44-28_825.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	94723   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-27_14-27-09_243.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	94724  

Smile slowly but surely

Slowly but surely shes' coming together! I got the trans bolted in thursday and much to my surprise (but not my dad's since he's made this type of swap about 100 times since the sixties.) The crossmember from the old powerglide worked for the t-350 without any modification at all. After fighting late model engine mounts most of the day thursday i went to get the correct mounts yesterday and we got em on today.(it's amazing how much better the right parts fit.) I also figured out real quick that my free corvette headers were not going to jive with the steering box. Kind of a let down but, we had a few sets of "ram horn" manifolds laying around from some old 283's that will fit the bill for now. Those also went on the engine today. It's not ready for the road just yet but we're getting closer. I'll have more progress pics up soon.

Progress is always a good thing. And having the correct parts always makes a difference. I have learned from trying to force things to fit that sometimes it's better to look for an alternative. I'm glad to see you making progress!

Default new pics

Here are a few new pics of the boat with the new engine installed! Got the driveshaft in today and finally swapped out that leaky dr side front tire for one that actually holds air for more than 2 hours. Its funny how many times i had to air that thing up before i finally got sick of it enough to do something about it. Still have to install a radiator and trans lines, and late model brake booster instead of that death trap single line manual reservoir. So far this car has been a real pleasure to work on. Ill post some more pics in a few days, until then....

Name:	2013-03-31_19-16-20_811.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	94906   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-31_19-17-06_324.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	94907   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-31_19-16-48_59.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	94908  

Quote Originally Posted by brokeasajoke View Post
    Here are a few new pics of the boat with the new engine installed! Got the driveshaft in today and finally swapped out that leaky dr side front tire for one that actually holds air for more than 2 hours. Its funny how many times i had to air that thing up before i finally got sick of it enough to do something about it. Still have to install a radiator and trans lines, and late model brake booster instead of that death trap single line manual reservoir. So far this car has been a real pleasure to work on. Ill post some more pics in a few days, until then....
    good choice to up grade from that. you won't be disappointed!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristCrusader13 View Post
    Progress is always a good thing. And having the correct parts always makes a difference. I have learned from trying to force things to fit that sometimes it's better to look for an alternative. I'm glad to see you making progress!
    The right parts definitely make it less of a headache to put a car together! I'm not as familiar with the early and mid-sixties cars as i am the early seventies cars so i'm figuring it out as i go by trial and error. My dad is also a huge help, he is a sage of all things hot-rod, he was there when these old rides were new so he has alot of wisdom to offer. Thanks man, hopefully i can keep up my momentum on this thing and get it driving again, then i can get to work on the body and make it presentable again!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last