Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default 1931 ford tudor build...

Well finally starting on this after it sitting in my garage for a month... Getting the body squared up has been an undertaking but probably straighter than it was from the factory... So this will be the build thread for this ole gal... The shotgun pepper on the back will probably stay for a while.....

1956 Dodge pickup, and 1931 Ford Tudor w/440 Mopar

Outkasts CC
    Northside of Houston Tx.

What I started with, pic was the guys shop that I bought it from...

Outkasts CC
    Northside of Houston Tx.

This was last saturdays progress, chipping wood out welding in some 1x1 and bracing the body up to get her straight, started out it was 1.75" out of square and sagged in the middle, bottom between the b pillars was in almost 1" so had to stretch it out, and top was 1/4" too far out so I have it pretty lined up etc. the subrails were gone about a foot after the b pillar so this has become a huge game of figures and welding and work. as of right now the front cowl to the b pillar is dead on and that brought the whole body withing 1/4" from being sqared off, dont think they were even this square from the factory. Taking alot of tips from seeing how TUDORDELUXE and IMAGE on here did theirs and it gave me some inspiration to get this thing rolling as quick as possible...

Plans for this build, 2x4 frame, coil over rears on ladder bars, rear seat, 5" channel, 4" chop, dodge 8.75 rear axle I have laying around, and going to try for a 440 with a 727 to push this gal down the road...

Any tips or tricks yall have Im deff all ears...

Outkasts CC
    Northside of Houston Tx.

Thats a solid looking project you found there.

Man its looking good.where do you mesher from to make the body square if you dont mind me asking?

cowl where the winsheild risers come up back to the b pillars right above where they taper in, and the top of the windsheild heade, corner to where the b pillar meets up to the overhead runner that the wood would have held it in by... same down low from b pillar to the door frame area of the a pillar down low...

Its all cross measured... Was playing around and even with the rear of the car not really tied in to the new structure the cab has almost no flex at all now.... amazing what some 1x1 will do... should be strong as a brick schit house when Im done with it... pulled 2 of the upper support bars last night and it is held in place and has no deflection at all after pulling them out so Im quite happy with this for sure...

So what do yall think... leave it rusty as is and roll it with the rusted and wrinkled bottom of the cab at the wheel tubs and the shotgun peppered rear pannel, and get to it later... or fix all the body up before rolling it down the road... ?????

Outkasts CC
    Northside of Houston Tx.

I would roll it rusty for a while, once you do the body work and paint you can't go back to that natural patina. Then later on if you want to take it to the next level, blow it apart and paint it. I wish mine had that look but it's still got the factory black and someone painted one of the sides. But that's coming from someone who works in a automotive paint shop so for me I like all the fabrication work in the build and don't want to think about paint because its my everyday job lol.

Just bought my frame rails today

Now to figure out if I want to do a 4 link or 2 link rear end ....deff gona do a back seat so gota take that into consideration

Outkasts CC
    Northside of Houston Tx.

Started burning some frame rails today...

Outkasts CC
    Northside of Houston Tx.

progress!

been buying stuff left and right for some good deals here and there.

only problem so far is figuring out my rear suspension... hope to have the front up as roller this weekend... got some hairpins for the rear but they are too long and puts the attachment point in the middle of the door roughly.... thinking of a short parallel 4 link or a basic 2 link...thoughts?

Outkasts CC
    Northside of Houston Tx.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast