Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by 62ChevyII View Post
    The 1994 and up pedal hanging stuff is built into the firewall if I recall correctly and the steering column is much more bulky and not nearly as easy to transplant. You could probably make it work if you really want to but it would be more work in my opinion. The earlier style pedal hangers unbolt and are pretty easy to modify and bolt into the 1950 truck. You might look at my build thread in the 40's truck section to see what I mean. Post #239 starts showing the mods I did to put the pedal hanger and column in: http://www.killbillet.com/showthread...=16296&page=24

Using the m/c and proportioning valve from the earlier style trucks should get rid of the ABS I think.
    The front suspension on the older square bodies and newer round bodies are basically the same...

Chevy II is correct on stating that the steering column is more bulky, but in my opinion, if you are not running the s10 engine, tranny, and computer, then why not ditch the s10 column anyway and go with a nicer looking column and wheel...

As for ABS, check out threads on S10 Forum for all questions regarding getting rid of ABS, bagging the front of a s10, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by 62ChevyII View Post
    The 1994 and up pedal hanging stuff is built into the firewall if I recall correctly and the steering column is much more bulky and not nearly as easy to transplant. You could probably make it work if you really want to but it would be more work in my opinion. The earlier style pedal hangers unbolt and are pretty easy to modify and bolt into the 1950 truck. You might look at my build thread in the 40's truck section to see what I mean. Post #239 starts showing the mods I did to put the pedal hanger and column in: http://www.killbillet.com/showthread...=16296&page=24

Using the m/c and proportioning valve from the earlier style trucks should get rid of the ABS I think.
    ChevyII,
    Thanks for all the info, you are very helpful. I'm gonna start on mine this weekend and just trying to get as much info now so I will be prepared for any hiccups.

Thanks

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ringcrackpow View Post
    ChevyII,
    Thanks for all the info, you are very helpful. I'm gonna start on mine this weekend and just trying to get as much info now so I will be prepared for any hiccups.

Thanks
    Well I might be able to help out. I just got done building a 94 s10 bagged and body dropped truck. Mine was a 5 spped truck also.

Let me start with some facts. 82-04 the s10 frame is the same with the exceptions of the body monuts and they are not that different. The front supension is the same 84 a arms will bolt on to a 94 with no issues in performance. The rear uses the same leaf springs and hangers.

The 94-04 peddle mounts are typically big ole chunks of aluminum that the steering colum bolts to.

As for getting around the abs thats really easy find a proportioning valve from an 84-87 truck you should be able to get one cheep from an autoparts store.

Quote Originally Posted by EL Gringo Loco View Post
    Well I might be able to help out. I just got done building a 94 s10 bagged and body dropped truck. Mine was a 5 spped truck also.

Let me start with some facts. 82-04 the s10 frame is the same with the exceptions of the body monuts and they are not that different. The front supension is the same 84 a arms will bolt on to a 94 with no issues in performance. The rear uses the same leaf springs and hangers.

The 94-04 peddle mounts are typically big ole chunks of aluminum that the steering colum bolts to.

As for getting around the abs thats really easy find a proportioning valve from an 84-87 truck you should be able to get one cheep from an autoparts store.
    so a 99 ext cab short box is the same as a reg cab long box except for the mounts?? or you just mean the reg cab long box is the same frame for all years?

The 93 n newer V6 trucks had the stronger rear axle then the previuos ones.. My 2000 had a 4cyl, auto, 4:10 posi... And if you want a cheapo good rear the ford explorer has posi 8.8 with discs.. A few inches wider then the S10 but you can put the guts n discs on a ranger rear for more room. I went with a ford under my dodge..

Quote Originally Posted by bigboy1978 View Post
    The 93 n newer V6 trucks had the stronger rear axle then the previuos ones.. My 2000 had a 4cyl, auto, 4:10 posi... And if you want a cheapo good rear the ford explorer has posi 8.8 with discs.. A few inches wider then the S10 but you can put the guts n discs on a ranger rear for more room. I went with a ford under my dodge..
    is the explorer rear end TOO wide? i wouldnt mind pushing the rears out a little more so they were closer to the fenders if thats all that meant.

Its 1.5 inch each side, so 3in total. And the spring perches are half an inch off so you just gotta spread the springs a hair and its a bolt in thing.. Just be sure to get the yoke or driveshaft with it.

Default Rear axle

S10 4x4 ZR2 rear end is an option also. They are 10 bolt 3.73 GR 8.5" posi units with the same diff that came standard in K1500s. They are a little wider also but are a bolt in with the same wheel bolt pattern.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Basketcase View Post
    so a 99 ext cab short box is the same as a reg cab long box except for the mounts?? or you just mean the reg cab long box is the same frame for all years?
    This should be all you need for S10 frame comparisons

and I agree with the zr2 rear end and it will have disc brakes already mounted to it and its a direct bolt in with no modifacations needed.

I think a ford explorer rear end is easier to find than the zr2. I bet it is cheaper too. They should have several at any pull a part place. I have heard that the explorer is 6" wider. I am going to LKQ next week to get mine.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last