Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Chevy 250 integral head???

I want to build a hotrod with either a 4 or 6 cyl. Even if i find a rod with the ol' 350/350 standard powerplant, i'm yankin it! I've never seen a integral head 250 straight six. I didn't really care for the intake/exhaust set up on the older 6's(sharing bolts and their timely loosening). I just saw an integral headed 250 on ebay and it looks like the intake is part of the head!! cool. Does anyone know if it's a reasonable and worthy powerplant for rods? Does it have all kinds of smog stuff? I liked the torque of my 71 6 cyl nova but always kept tools in the trunk for adjustments. I also think this engine would be somewhat economical with a one or two barrel in a lightweight tub. so whatcha think, be honest, i'm thick skinned:)

Nothing wrong with 6 Cylinders or 4's. I was thinking of using my Volvo Red Block 4 cylinder that has a turbo, plus the Disc Brake Rear End out of it. A Chevy inline 6 with a two barrel that has a primary and linkage controled secondary is good on gas with some kick to it if you remove all the smog stuff..

Sixholers only look cool with three carbs sticking up. Can't do that with an integral manifold!

Does anyone make a two-sided head for chevy 6's? Ya know, intake on one side, exhaust on the other?

There was an Australian head like that, I think.

theres nothing cooler tahn a built inline. As far as I know nobody makes a head like that, but clifford and offenhauser make some really cool accesories, and perf. parts for them. I have a 230 in my truck and it's got plenty of power and pushing 26mpg.

The later "70 integral head 250s have alot more horepower than the earlier ones but your limited as to carb selection. I once ran one with a carter two barrel and it was pretty quick, until I blew it up! If you want a quick inliner look for one of these OHC Pontiac 250s. With a factory 4 barrel they put out 225 horsepower.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poncho 6cyl..jpeg 
Views:	186 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	10098  

Wayne makes a straight through head for inline gm sixes

In our shop we found the integal was more likey to crack than the earlyer heads . If you dont run them hot you should be alright.

Default Check Inliners International

They got this stuff down.. Dump the intergrated head.. Get an earlier head, put SBC springs/valves in it and add a multy carb intake with progressive 2bbl Holly/webbers from Stove bolt 6 ($60 ea), and a cam outta PAW.

Ya wanna really get hod rodded-- bore it 160 over and put 283 forged pistons in it..

Inlines is fun..

PA

Page 1 of 2 12 Last