Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

I like trucks and utes, so here is another way you could go. I found this Humber on Cunningham Classic Cars. I did this to my Phase 3 Vangard some years ago and it was great. It had a Massey Ferguson tractor engine in it and I loved it. You could throw some stacks on it for a great sound.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0795.jpg  

Thanks allkar, that looks awesome. Sadly at the moment the budget won't
    allow for a 2 door conversion, but down the track you never know. I know this thing
    will be a keeper.

Looks good with shaved handles and the shaved trim indentation on the guards
    (indentation I plan on doing). I've been considering doing the handles as well now after seeing your
    render, I may have to look into door popper systems.

nz.prkstr - That Vanguard looks pretty cool, was the cab left baremetal and cleared
    or was that prior to paint?

mfdu - Funny you mention that, I was looking at an AP5 prior to buying
    the Humber, black one with red interior, dead straight. It's sitting at an old servo
    here in the Eastern subs, old bloke had it for sale for like 5 years, it didn't sell and
    so he took the sign off it. I asked his son about it but never got a call back...

It's still sitting there.

Oh and I haven't forgotten about getting a pic of the bay, I'll take one tomorrow.
    Nah I won't be going for club reg, I'll get it normally registered because it will most
    likely become a daily driver.

Anyway, tonight I was over there and started on rearranging the bumper set up,
    as seen in the photo below, I'm moving the bumperettes into the centre to be
    on either side of the number plate which I'm also putting on the bumper and
    completely shaving and smoothing the boot lid.

I shall be off to Bunnings (hardware shop) tomorrow to get some new bolts (I had
    to grind the original ones off, they wouldn't budge.) re-fit the bar tomorrow, I'll take
    another photo once it's on. Then I'll be doing the same to the front bar, and I'll
    also get a photo of that once re-fitted... Then on to shaving the bootlid and
    trim indentations along the guards.

Last edited by Matt.; 07-15-2012 at 03:39 AM.

Well I got a start, no where near as much as I'd hoped to get done today,
    just bolted in the bumperettes and re fitted the rear bar.

(I forgot to get a bay pic mfdu, apologies)

Quick pic, try and picture it with the boot lid shaved and smoothed.

how wide can you get the stock wheels widened to?

i had my rears increased to 6", with 3/4" on each face of the rim. it gives it a nice stance.
    measure up how much room you have between the current tyre and the closest obstruction - leaf springs or body work?
    Ajax Wheels in Cheltenham made mine up

if you kept your nose a little high, with the stock tyre on the front and wide steelies on the back , maybe dog dish caps?
    i'm seeing a factory special, like some of those poverty-pack hemi Barracuda's or Belevedere's (Ford or #@ may have done similar, i seriously couldn't care)
    except with a British twist!!
    - inline 6, twin carbs - or how about using an SC14 supercharger? nudge nudge!
    - wood trim
    - pride of the empire

i can see it now!
    but you do need to keep some body overhang - the overhang makes the look! that's why we don't just go 18" bling.
    Last edited by mfdu; 07-16-2012 at 02:39 AM. Reason: all about the overhang. 'scuse me, vicar.

I'm really not sure to be honest, I was planning on leaving the front rims stock
    and hoping that Ford or something had the same stud pattern because a stock Ford
    steel rim in a 15" will be wider than the tractor style steelies that are on it at the moment,
    and just throw a couple of those on the back. You definately won't see
    anything other than steelies tucked in the arches, it seems to slowly
    becoming a common thing for people to build a rat or nostalgic style car
    and then go and throw 18 or 20" chromies under it... It just looks wrong.

I'll be putting spats across the rear wheel wells and lowering the rear to lowest legal
    (100mm clearance - even if that's just to pass roady, may drop it lower after rwc if it
    needs it). So I'll do that before sourcing wider rims, because if you can't really see the
    dish on them, I won't worry about it too much.

Hah I guess there are a few ways to go on making more power with what's currently
    in it, I shall try and get the aesthetics right and the thing registered before I mess
    about under the bonnet.
    Last edited by Matt.; 07-16-2012 at 11:31 PM.

Default Cool lookin car

Thats a cool looking car..... seems like its pretty solid too.
    I'd move the rear wheel opening a few inches forward, put bigger rear wheels on it,
    weld up the rear doors, lower it about 5 inches, paint it, shoot some flames on it and drive it.

Cheers bud, that looks pretty cool, not a fan of 'realistic' flames, but aside from that.

Funny that you mention the rear doors, I was looking at it today and thinking of
    welding them up. But I've got a little one on the way at the moment and due to
    the front bench (shall definately not be putting buckets in) it might become a bit of a
    pain with welded up doors.

I'm either going to weld sheet metal over half the rear wheel well (shape it properly,
    not just flat steel) which will make the rear look lower than it will be (It'll probably sit
    90-100mm) off of the ground at the rear anyway, well that or spats.

Also have some new tail light ideas etc, I'll get around to posting up those though...

Since I was on here browsing may as well add a minor update of sorts.

Haven't done much at all since last time I posted due to the car still being at my
    Dad's until I move into another place, I cleaned out the mouldy soaking wet
    carpet and what was left of the underlay. At some point somebody has gone all
    out on waterproofing the floors, and so structurely they are completely rust free and
    solid. If only they'd done the same with the boot/trunk floor which is rusted through
    in parts but that's of little worry.

Once I rip out the front bench and properly clean all of the waterproofing, none of
    that will have to come out.

mfdu; Engine photo, sorry for it taking so long.

Started bogging up trim/badge holes and will get some sheetmetal to smooth out the
    boot lid where the reverse light/centre trim was.

Hoping to get it to an event here on Oct 21st, John's Rod & Kustom Picnic.
    Will just trailer it there unreg'd, but by then I'm hoping to get the following done...

Fix water leak, fix rust in lower l/h quarter, lower rear end (even just by removing some leaves from the rear springs temp), few other bits and pieces which I can't think
    of right now. If I get it going along the lines I'm going for and it somewhat looks the part, it'll be there, if not there's always another event... Not a fan of deadlines.

Also considering satin black paint job with gold flake roof and maybe frenching in '53 / '54 Chev tail lights in replacement of the current ones, thoughts?
    Last edited by Matt.; 09-10-2012 at 03:17 AM.

Default tail light suggestion

Nice to see some one else working on a snipe, I thought I was one of the few, have you considered the snipe series V tail lights with some after market bullet lenses, at least the tail light body slots straight in without any modification

lookin good!

how was the picnic, and where?
    we were at the Chrysler Club of Vic annual show, at Caribbean Gardens

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last