Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 53 3100 build

1. Default

I am planning on fabing up the bed from scratch to match the body lines of the cab. I have been searching for months and I don't think I have ever seen it done. I have an artist buddy making a drawing of my plans. I got the stance of the cab done, just gotta mount it. I will have to clearance the firewall a bit for the transmission.

Default S10 stepside box build

Quote Originally Posted by southernculture View Post
    I am planning on fabing up the bed from scratch to match the body lines of the cab. I have been searching for months and I don't think I have ever seen it done. I have an artist buddy making a drawing of my plans. I got the stance of the cab done, just gotta mount it. I will have to clearance the firewall a bit for the transmission.
    I used an S10 box on my build(39 Olds Pickup?) in Old Skool Rods, I split the seam that runs over the wheel wells, had some sides and front made and the sheet metal shop and welded up some rectangular tubing for the top rail. Grafted in the stock tailgate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-04-04 21.34.04.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	141956   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-04-04 21.33.18.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	141953   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-04-07 18.57.05.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	141954   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-04-03 22.13.25.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	141955   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-04-08 21.50.45.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	141957  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-04-01 22.50.47.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	141958  
    Last edited by Odd Rod; 11-15-2016 at 01:34 PM.

3. Default

that looks good, but not the look I am going for. I am going to attempt to make a full fleet side bed for my truck. The s10 bed will provide the floor that is all. I will get some tube and fab a skeleton and skin with sheet metal 20-22 ga. I want a completely custom look. I smoothed the cowl and firewall and want the rest of the truck to be clean and smooth to match the shape of the cab. Looking at it as it sits now it will be wider to match the cabs shape, at least what my cabs shape is now!

4. Default

Small update... I worked on the cab mounts this weekend and had to switch my welding wire finally ran out of flux core and switched to solid with gas Oh how sweet it is. I fabed up the ream mounts and got them burned onto the frame. Made the front mounts but not on the frame yet. I ordered all my parts for the fuel system as well as a radiator. I plan on ordering some valve springs for the cam I have and sending my ecu and wiring harness off to me modified.

5. Default

Got all the AN lines and fittings in as well as a fuel pump and pressure regulator. Plans for this weekend include installing the fuel tank, running all of the fuel lines and getting motor all plumbed up. Got the 90 degree offset brake pedal/master cylinder mount going to install it as well and get the brakes all operational. Having the cab finally mounted to the frame was a big step, at least for me. I will post up some pictures of the progress next Tuesday. I still need to get a wiring harness for the LS motor and cut some firewall away to get the transmission in there. A lot of work to get done, but my plan is to be able to drive this truck by the summer!!!

6. Default here is the stance of the truck all mounted to the frame

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0796.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	142501

I kinda wish I didn't channel it so much, live and learn.

superior montana on 1.25 acres out of town

If we don't learn a little something pretty regular it get's pretty boring. Truck looking gooooood!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123