Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 31 Model A

Smith and Jones is by far my favorite but that may be partially because they are only about 5-10 minutes from my house. But they are very friendly and knowledgable also! I've also had a good experience with www.mikes-afordable.com.

choppintops Guest

Quote Originally Posted by budman View Post
    QUESTION: Are the ford steel wheels from the 40's and 50's much different than the ford steel wheels from the 70's and 80's where looks are concerned?

Not to the average joe blow on the street, no. To more hard core guys, yes big differences in years.

Default progress...finally

So I've been side tracked for the last several months. I finally found some time the past couple of weeks. So I built most of the frame for the two door. Sold the four door. Now i have to attach all the body panels. Ugh. Not sure how I'm going to do this, but it will work out. Here are some pics of my progress.

A few more. The welds aren't the prettiest, but I'm not a professional welder either. just want it to be safe.

So here is where i am today. The frame is welded together. Everything is level and square. After work I'm going to set the body on the frame and figure out a plan to attach it all. Found a pair of lford 16"x4.5 today for a good price. Glad to be making a little progress. Might even have time for motor mounts tonight if I'm lucky.

Default Progress

The brakes are on and the bones are split and welded. My sheet metal isn't here yet, but there are a bunch of other things to finish. I REALLY need some hinges. I tried lining up panels last night, and things just do not seem to fit. I should have expected this though. I'm betting when I'm 80 something years old my stuff won't line up just right either. Here are a few more pics. At least there's progress.
    Last edited by budman; 03-03-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Default Progress

It's been awhile since I posted last. I have made a fair amount of progress. I got the patch panels installed, and the body put together. When I brought this car in it was nothing more than a stack of rusty panels, so to actually see a body put together was nice. Set the body on the frame Sunday night, and chopped the top last night. Hopefully I can weld everything together Wednesday night. There are pics below.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast