Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 2 of 2 First 12

if you dissolve some copper in the muratic acid it gives you a nice green mossy look when you spray it on.

This is hands down the coolest thing I have read on here so far. The more time I spend on here, The more I learn that this place is a HUGE wealth of knowledge. I'm just grateful there is a resource out there for young know-nothings like me :p, Thank you KillBillies.

-Noah
    You can't argue with the stupid, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Thanks for the step-by-step process.. This should help more than a few people!

You may not need all that. I spayed muratic acid on some old rusty wheels to remove some rust. They looked good.. But....
    I forgot to rinse one of them off really good and the rust was back the next day.(clean rust, not scaley like before I did it)..
    'NamVet
    'Seabees'
    "CANDO"
    DAV.

take paint stripper on front edges of fenders for the look of rock chips on fresh paint... spray the stripper and then wipe immediately off with a rag soaked with water...

Here's something you guys need to know about Muratic Acid. First let me tell ya, I'm a metal sculptor/artsit and I use Muratic Acid & Copper sulfate for rust patinas alot.
    The thing you need to know is Muratic Acid can't be just rinsed away. What I mean is, it will keep RUSTING and WILL distroy the metal it is applied to, over time. Also the climate you are in will have an effect on the speed of rusting.
    You gotta neutralize with baking soda water mix, and sometimes that doesn't work.
    It's kinda hit or miss. Just something to consider before spraying that the stuff.
    Here's the best way to get a rust patina, either sand blast the steel if you can, if you can't, clean the steel with a good degreaser and spray with vinegar. Let the steel dry then just simply spray the steel with your garden hose. Everytime it dries, spray again and the rust will be awsome.

Page 2 of 2 First 12