Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Quote Originally Posted by 23dodges10 View Post
    any backfire on cranking or just dead?
    Its just cranks right now. I did get it to backfire when I turn the distributor to far around.

superior montana on 1.25 acres out of town

I have seen more than 1 v8 distributor 180 degrees out of time. If it even fires it will belch out the carb on firing on an open intake valve. Sure sounds like a timing issue to me too me. I have also had spark plugs so wet they wouldn't fire too.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dodges10 View Post
    I have seen more than 1 v8 distributor 180 degrees out of time. If it even fires it will belch out the carb on firing on an open intake valve. Sure sounds like a timing issue to me too me. I have also had spark plugs so wet they wouldn't fire too.
    Thanks for the info, I went to the shop and found top Dead Center by taking the valve cover off, the spark plug out and checking with the timing mark. I reset the cap and I got it to fire once but then when I let of the throttle it back fired but no flames. I did have to use some starter spray to get it to fire. I'm thinking I may need bigger jets and/or a timing light. I'm getting closer. It did sound nice for three seconds.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910