Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default First Project ever 55 caddy

Sup, everyone well come to my first project ever. This is my 55 Caddy that I got off Ebay last year. I dont have a lot of off time, so work on the caddy when I can.

Last edited by scopemycaddy; 07-21-2015 at 12:59 AM. Reason: pics not showing

Cool Caddy cleanup

It took three days to clean all the Arazona sand out of this car, and I still have to clean to insde. I got the Body off the Frame and started to clean it. I found the VIN numbers on the frame and the engine matches, is that a big deal with this kind of car? Can any one tell me. It is a four door and they made about 55000 of them in 55. Anyway I got the rear end off and install the four link well tacked in I'm waiting for the Airbag to come in before final welding is done.

Last edited by scopemycaddy; 06-13-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Cool Engine ??

I have been looking for a 6x2 intake setup for this caddy but the 331ci is hard to get parts for, can anyone give me a site for parts? I know of Kanter and some stock replacement parts site but not custom site. If I cant find the intake I will have to make one.

Nice car, have fun with it and youre showing great progress. matching numbers is good as it is original to the car but rarely do cadillacs not have the original motor. these were grandmas car, and church rigs...not typically at the track or getting alot of miles. secondly the 6x2 intakes will cost you more than you gave for the car... people are proud of those lol.

keep the pics coming
    1956 Ford F100
    1952 Cadillac Coupe Deville Convertible
    1952 Cadillac Coupe Deville hardtop no post
    1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville hardtop no post

a hot caddy engine is a rare thing these days. Parts are rather pricey, but it would truly be a show piece when its done, that all real car guys will drool over.

Default Parts

Ya I found some part but prices are very high. I have plans to build a 6x2 intake, because buying one is to costly.

I dunno if it would help you but in speedway they have 6x2 intakes that use a 4bbl intake underneath...just slap it on and attach carbs

Default saw that

I saw that, but its not quite the look I was going for. Plus I would not be able to close my hood.

Unhappy front noch

Anybody have some pics of noching the front of a 55 caddy. I cant get the front of the caddy to lay frame. I was thinking of getting nuckels but no one makes any that are lowered.

Default front lowered pic

Here is the height after springs where removed.

Last edited by scopemycaddy; 06-13-2015 at 06:06 PM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast