Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default First Project ever 55 caddy

Sup, everyone well come to my first project ever. This is my 55 Caddy that I got off Ebay last year. I dont have a lot of off time, so work on the caddy when I can.

Last edited by scopemycaddy; 07-21-2015 at 12:59 AM. Reason: pics not showing

Cool Caddy cleanup

It took three days to clean all the Arazona sand out of this car, and I still have to clean to insde. I got the Body off the Frame and started to clean it. I found the VIN numbers on the frame and the engine matches, is that a big deal with this kind of car? Can any one tell me. It is a four door and they made about 55000 of them in 55. Anyway I got the rear end off and install the four link well tacked in I'm waiting for the Airbag to come in before final welding is done.

Last edited by scopemycaddy; 06-13-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Cool Engine ??

I have been looking for a 6x2 intake setup for this caddy but the 331ci is hard to get parts for, can anyone give me a site for parts? I know of Kanter and some stock replacement parts site but not custom site. If I cant find the intake I will have to make one.

Nice car, have fun with it and youre showing great progress. matching numbers is good as it is original to the car but rarely do cadillacs not have the original motor. these were grandmas car, and church rigs...not typically at the track or getting alot of miles. secondly the 6x2 intakes will cost you more than you gave for the car... people are proud of those lol.

keep the pics coming
    1956 Ford F100
    1952 Cadillac Coupe Deville Convertible
    1952 Cadillac Coupe Deville hardtop no post
    1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville hardtop no post

a hot caddy engine is a rare thing these days. Parts are rather pricey, but it would truly be a show piece when its done, that all real car guys will drool over.

Default Parts

Ya I found some part but prices are very high. I have plans to build a 6x2 intake, because buying one is to costly.

I dunno if it would help you but in speedway they have 6x2 intakes that use a 4bbl intake underneath...just slap it on and attach carbs

Thanks. Just making a cruiser is the plan.

Default Found History

I normally don't post pic without get gone or to paint stage but I found so cool history today so here's what I found.

I was working on the Gauge Cluster debating if I was going to far with the dash but I just didn't want to have to do it twice, so apart came the cluster.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gauge cluster 1.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	138260 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gauge cluster 2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	138261

Name:	Gauge cluster 3.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	138262 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gauge cluster 4.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	138263

At first I was just going to clean the cluster but could see some chips and the glass was dirty on the back side. So I took the temp, fuel and all the glass out and prep for paint.

Name:	Gauge cluster 5.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	138264

As I was working on Odometer I turn it over and saw a signature and an address. Did some research and found this caddy was on a military base in Arizona. The name search came back with two officers from that area with the same name one was a captain and the other was a general. It seems that this caddy could have been a Base vehicle for the brass. Being from a military family myself I find this info just beeping Awesome.

Name:	gauge back 1.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	138265 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gauge back 2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	138266

The address was to a Air base but it is closed now. I can't make out what is under the name it could be more info don't know.

Name:	gauge back 3.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	138267

So I had to just sign the back as well so cool.

^ very cool history!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast