Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register

Default Bad Company. Cummins Powered 48 Dodge BUILD

Here's what were up to, we picked up a cab and box that came out of Western Canada that was in awesome shape. Found a decent donor truck for the Cummins and Drivetrain, now its time to put it all together.

Heres where it starts

Planning in duals out back, rims are getting some red paint, and some wide whites

Were going to conceal the inners under the bed

Ford axle out front, all the stock junk is coming off, its going to be supported by a fresh set of Firestone air bags.

The Donor truck, the Cummins and trans came out without a fight

Cummins ready to start taking some measurements

Line em up tomorrow and do a little slicing.

Heres the concept for the truck

What do ya think?

looks good to me keep up the good work

Looks really cool to me. Are you using the 3/4 ton frame or building a frame? What about the rear end? I assume it needs to be narrowed for the inner wheel to be inside the bed. That's a really cool idea by the way. What Ford axle is that? I am a bit of a newbie (been a mopar musclecar guy for years) and I am contemplating a similar build myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jwroten View Post
    Looks really cool to me. Are you using the 3/4 ton frame or building a frame? What about the rear end? I assume it needs to be narrowed for the inner wheel to be inside the bed. That's a really cool idea by the way. What Ford axle is that? I am a bit of a newbie (been a mopar musclecar guy for years) and I am contemplating a similar build myself.
    Thanks! We are building a custom chassis in house, the plan is to have it set up so it can pull a 5th wheel or not twist up like a pretzel with a set of duals putting power to the ground. The rear end is a Dana 70 Im going to have it narrowed, it should look pretty trick with concealed inners. The front axle came out of a 30 Ford Pick up, the previous owner decided to go with a Speedway drop axle, we have no problem using it, we can build the chassis to suit. Gotta like the Mopar!