Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... Last

Default 41 chevy 1.5 ton, second build

lets see what i can come up with this time.

well here we go, its going to be a slow start but it should pick up fast. i want to enjoy my other rat before the snow flys. i have till march 20th to finish, bet a buck lol.

any how here is my 41 chevy 1.5 ton. i want to chop the top, find another ford front axle, chevy rear end, sbc and tranny as of now lol. going to build my frame, 4 link rear and maybe front.

enough gabbing here are the pics of todays dismantle and reassembly, lol.

custom body repair, im going to weld it on this time. who ever used glue should have know it wasnt going to work.

go alot of work for the rear body line. i plan to use another hood i bought and cut the body line off of it to patch the rear of the truck.

a little mock up of how i want it to somewhat look like

this is where im at as of today. going to order some more 2x4" material next week for the frame and start building.

Dang, you dont sit around do you? Cant wait to see how it turns out.

Default nice score

looks like a good start

well i hope today i will get some masking tape and lay out for the chop. its going to hit a record high of 60* next week. so i hope to push out the cab and pressure wash all of the loose paint and junk off of it. then the first ever chop by me will start.

i havent ordered the frame material yet, kinda looking at the oem frame as well to cut up. might buy a caprice for the motor, tranny, rear end for $550. i think i will use the booster and master off of it was well. plus rob other parts from it then scrap it. with some of the junk i have around here and the rest of the car i should end up on the plus side of this buy. i want to build it under 3000, so it might happen.

Got to love the 1 ton plus trucks, I know other people would not even give them a second look, but they have potential, looking good keep the posts coming.

well i got a doner car today. $550 for a 78 caprice, 350 2bl, th350. i plan on stealing the motor, tranny, rear end, roof and trunk lid, wiring harness and the brake booster and master cylinder to start. it will head to the local scraper this friday with other junk i have laying around here to return my money back. once i get that money i will get my frame material to start it off.

i also pressured washed the cab today, then drained my pressure washer before it freezes and i own a junk washer, lol.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... Last