Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

thanks for the compliments :)
    yea i put a sacrificial piece of thick flat iron between the square tubing and the press business end to avoid the round dimples that would have occured had i pressed straight on the tubing itself
    im goin to post in the law library next but thought id throw it down here.... any one from Alberta Canada have any experience in registering a "home built" or "kit car" as far as i can tell i will need a "collision inspection" from a certified shop before i can get an assigned serial number. but wanted to run a few points by someone who has done it in this province first
    thanks

Hey I found a similer looking cab that i bought best i can figure mine is a 28-29 model a that they welded a sedan back to, ill post pics on thursday when i get home

You really need to rethink that front end! Get some real radius rods on there and that spring perch is bound for failure.

Default cab

it looks real close to my buddies 1 ton 33 chevy ill take a pic of his firewall
    The Key To Getting AHead
    is Getting Started

yea id love to see some more pics, ive been lookin and lookin and cant seem to find a simmilar cab, have had some say it looks like a dodge dash but thats about it, ive found that 20's cadilac are simmilar....
    and hey my radius rods are real.... and the spring perch is only tacked together and has since had gusset plates and there will be more reinforcing in the future when i get back to completing the front end, after my cab is done up further
    i grew up on a farm and i have a inhereted problem of making things too heavy duty and way over tightening bolts....

high speed low drag!!!!

Default buddies chevy

i think this acutaly a late twenties chevy semi style truck ill get more pics
    The Key To Getting AHead
    is Getting Started

Default more

heres two more shots of my buddy shawns build
    The Key To Getting AHead
    is Getting Started

hey zombie that was an old semi!? that is one kool lookin cab your buddy has there. but still its quite different from mine, but definatly kool none the less.
    also the cab i have was origionally a four door, someone loped off the rear two doors and brought up the back of the cab, can tell it was done many years ago due to the crudeity of the gas welding done to reattach the rear sheet metal :) and why the cab was too short for me to fit in comfortably, hense the 8'' strech

Default cool

ya he should have it on the road soon he has a faberaction and automotive shop here in tucson. he's helping me layout the frame for my 37 ford. well what ever your cab was it looks good now and your build is bad @ss
    The Key To Getting AHead
    is Getting Started

I'd say the cab maybe a 29ish chevy.There is one similar out on my buddies farm that still has the oval gauge insert that fits into that dash hole.It has 4 oval guages in it.Does the cab have any plates on it that say body by fisher?We narrowed the one on the farm to a 29 chevy,again a old car converted to a pickup we think.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast