Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

here i now fit nicely in my cab (full leg extension!!) with the 8" strech
    i also intergrated a rollbar into the extension framework. and me grinning like a retard at my progress :)

high speed low drag!!!

the front end will be higher than how i have it moked up in the pics due to the 19.5" rims ill use with tires that will be about 37" tall
    here are some more pics of my progress over the weekend, got the back of the cab reattached and am working out the cab corners.
    a little welding here some fill plates there and its comming along great
    and one of the handiest tools ive found for my garage is the princess auto hand held band saw, just clamp it in a vice and it has a variable speed trigger lock. for $90 it makes cutting out those odd shaped filler panels a breeze

ok now....... i cant put pics up for some unknown reason....fatal memory error??? i dont even know what all this computer jargon means, heres to a reboot!!!
    sorry guys

ok so i cant even put a pic i put up previously in this thread.... what gives?!?
    not enough bytes????? piss me off!!
    ill try from my home computer tonite, i guess.... grrrrr

Thumbs up

Hey Burnin, just wondering what you used to bend the curve in your tubing for your cab extension. It is look'in good so far. Hope you figure out how to post some more pics.

to make the bends in the 2" square 1/4" wall tubing i used a big shop press that i have access to through work. i first made up a cardboard template to match the contour of the cab and slowly tweaked it to match, worked out okay there are a few lil rough areas, just bent them suspended between a couple solid bars in the press (40T perhaps)
    anawayz, here ill try to get these pics...

Last edited by Burnin#2; 01-10-2011 at 10:09 PM.

just had to show anyone interested in home fab what i found extremely useful is my $90 princess auto handheld bandsaw, you take this thing clamp it in a vice and with its variable trigger that locks in any speed, and can cut filler plates and odd shapes to quite exacting specs. my body panels are 18ga (maby a bit thick... but easy to weld) and 1/8" for more strength in the cab inner structure. the bandsaw cut all these with narry a sharp edge.

Thumbs up

Thanks Burnin for the reply and the pics. For bending them on a press it looks real nice in the pics. Would of never thought or guessed you bent them in a press. Nice work. It looks like you are making some good progress.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast