Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    superior montana on 1.25 acres out of town

I kinda forgot about you. check my album pics. the Montana pickup is there. Hinges on the Nash are where I put them, the middle one it did not have The doors are 27 chevy so the body lines almost match the Nash rear tub

Default What is it?

Well if im not mistaken, right off the bat it looks like just a plain 27 chevy fordoor sedan cut down, but i also remember reading something bout a year back, talking about a special version of the fordoor '27 chevy, i cant remember what they called it, but it had bronze/brass acent peices, and a vent on the cowl for somekind of special "air conditioning". Im pretty sure this is what i read about. It was sold at a lot higher price, and only pretty rich people ownsd them, but there were very few of them made. What ever it was that i read didnt have pics, cuz i would of remembered that, but i agree with what others r kinda saying, the body lines on the doors and the cowl resemble a 27 chevy anyway, and with what ive read, the bronze/brass stuff with the vent just tell you that is a special version. Ill see if i can find that article i read. Ive got a book over old chevy stuff tooso ill see what i can find out.

looked at a few 27 chevy's and they all seem to have the center door hinge off set from the body line..... mine is centered with the body line (center hinge and top body line) and also the chevy's run smooth from the cowl area to the door and mine has a narrow cowl and steps outward to the width of the doors.....

yeah, I've been looking at different chevys and other different kinds of cars all morning, trying to figure it out, but i would almost have to think that it has to be some special kind of a GM product. I'm leaning toward chevy, like a special series, but i don't really know, maybe a buick or cadillac. almost everything says chevy exept the "steps" from the cowl to the doors, and the middle hinge, also with the vent on the cowl, and the brass/bronze pieces. such an odd find. but extremely cool!! it will be very sweet when you are finished, no matter what it is.

yea i think i got a few people stumped on this one.... just to reiterate it was cut down from a four door to a two door... a very long time ago (was crudely done with torch welding) and i am in Canada, so that could cause something weird. it appears that the cowl, dash and body are original to eachother (same kind of paint and square nuts look old) had a tag on the firewall "all steel full vision body by budd" there is a cowl vent with a lever behind the dash. and there is not holes for signal lamps, that ive seen with the dodge cowl that had a vent.

thanks guys, tryin for this summer to have it done :)

PeACE

have been making progress.....
    ill get more pics up when i get home to take some.
    got a hydro boost brake master cylinder from pick a part, from a 94 gm 1 ton
    got a clutch master and slave from a dodge truck, got them mounted and the linkages fabbed up nicely under the floor. also get the throttle pedal and linkage taken care of.

took the aluminum Bobcat skidsteer rad and the stock rad from the donor dodge the engine came out of to a rad shop, they told me that when the cores seperate from the tank headers on these new aluminum rads that they are basically non repairable (the only thing they do is epoxy and hope for the best, so i scrapped that idea. ended up getting the dodge rad rebuilt and they turned it into a cross flow rad so i can run it sideways. to do this they blocked off the rad cap opening and moved the upper rad hose inlet from one side of the tank to the other, re soldered everything, rodded the crap out of the cores and slapped a coat of paint on it ($150)

got a fuel tank from an rough terrain fork lift, it looks like it was made to fit my project!! just had to turn it sideways, relocate the filler neck, drain, and supply and return lines. bottom supports fabbed up, top brackets almost completed.

now finish up fuel tank mounts, fab up and mount rad support brackets, and figger out how to mount my dual action lever shocks up front, then blow it all apart for the last time to finish weld the frame and on to final assembly!!!

ill get current pics up soon for your viewing pleasure

maybe a 1927 dodge 124

i love all the beef cake steel on this truck.

yes, the yellow 27 dodge is about the closest thing ive seen so far.... maby its solved!! the only things i see are the lack of the lower body line (that may have been removed by the restorer, as it is only cosmetic) and there dosnt seem to be the curved accent pieces on the top of the a pillars on each side of the top of the windshield. and mine dosnt have holes for signal lights on the cowl..... but very close indeed
    thanks.

i really will get more pics of my progress soon for you guys, sorry for the delay... im a lazy azz sometimes

My guess is an American Austin Bantam. probaly wrong i looked and there cowl is shorter.
    Last edited by broke1; 05-20-2012 at 07:09 AM.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast