Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Default new project; what is it??

it all started with a cab that came with a acerage my bro bought, was a flower planter and kids play house, she wanted it out of their yard.... yay me!!
    so a have since collected the frame , mid 40s gm 2,5 ton
    12 valve cummins from 89 dodge
    6 speed manual
    recently a visor from a 30 chev
    steering wheel and column from a old ford
    etc etc.....
    and its gonna be a dually with tall tires, but ride low, already chanelled cab :)

**if i can get pics of the cab up, i havnt had any luck identifying this thing
    anybody got any ideas??**

some more pics of all my junk :)

Not sure what it is. 1930 REO Speed Wagon?? Not the group but the truck. lol
    Scrounger CC
    http://scroungers.net/
    Looking for a 55 Merc speedo. PM me if ya have 1

The back of that cab looks like a sedan...maybe it's a cut down 2-door, or 4-door?

No one knows what this is?
    Scrounger CC
    http://scroungers.net/
    Looking for a 55 Merc speedo. PM me if ya have 1

well i do know that it is/was cut down long ago, which i think is really neat to have something that someone modified long enough ago that it was torch welded :)
    not sure if it used to be a four or two door.
    one charecteristic of the cab is on the each side of the windshield is a curved filler piece that is cast brass or bronze about 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick, not sure if its clear enough in the pics but it looked to be painted over at the factory, i didnt notice it was brass/bronze untill i was lookin at it and it was corroding green, i polished them up and they look kool, unlike anything iv seen on any cab of these sorts
    also other brass/bronze are the door latches and the hood hinge on the center of the cowl.

i was gonna put a nv5600 6 speed behind my cummins but lately have been hearing that the dodge 5 and 6 speed trannys are kinda junk.... so im selling my 6 speed i have and looking to use a fuller 6 speed with OD, anybody have any comments, how are the fullers for shifting and reliability??
    thanks killers
    JD

so sorry i havnt been puttin up pics lately, not much has been happening though i was able to get the cab streched out 8 inches ( i need the leg room as i am over 6 feet tall) and intergrated a rollbar into the structure. now i can sit in it and fully extend my legs!!
    i also finished filling all the holes in the firewall and as i was grinding through the rust a patina (sorry it had to be done :( i discovered a five digit number stamped in the firewall on the passanger side.
    i thought id run it by you guys weather or not this number would help me determine what this cab is and if it would be any help in regestering this thing when its done.
    thanks for any info you can give
    JD

here are a few pics of the front suspension im gonna try to run, there are a few bracketts not shown yet but got most of my ideas from you folks

i still havnt been able to figure out what this cab is, here is a pic of the cast brass channels on each side of the windshield, and this is something i have never seen before.... and my completed passenger side door, the cab must have sat on its side for a long time and i had only about 25% of the door to work with, and was able to score a old chev door to salvage the window frame

i think you have to much of a front drop. i dont know how tall your spring to axle brackets will be, but i dont think it would leave the grond once the motor is installed.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast