Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default new project; what is it??

it all started with a cab that came with a acerage my bro bought, was a flower planter and kids play house, she wanted it out of their yard.... yay me!!
    so a have since collected the frame , mid 40s gm 2,5 ton
    12 valve cummins from 89 dodge
    6 speed manual
    recently a visor from a 30 chev
    steering wheel and column from a old ford
    etc etc.....
    and its gonna be a dually with tall tires, but ride low, already chanelled cab :)

**if i can get pics of the cab up, i havnt had any luck identifying this thing
    anybody got any ideas??**

some more pics of all my junk :)

Not sure what it is. 1930 REO Speed Wagon?? Not the group but the truck. lol
    Scrounger CC
    http://scroungers.net/
    Looking for a 55 Merc speedo. PM me if ya have 1

The back of that cab looks like a sedan...maybe it's a cut down 2-door, or 4-door?

No one knows what this is?
    Scrounger CC
    http://scroungers.net/
    Looking for a 55 Merc speedo. PM me if ya have 1

well i do know that it is/was cut down long ago, which i think is really neat to have something that someone modified long enough ago that it was torch welded :)
    not sure if it used to be a four or two door.
    one charecteristic of the cab is on the each side of the windshield is a curved filler piece that is cast brass or bronze about 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick, not sure if its clear enough in the pics but it looked to be painted over at the factory, i didnt notice it was brass/bronze untill i was lookin at it and it was corroding green, i polished them up and they look kool, unlike anything iv seen on any cab of these sorts
    also other brass/bronze are the door latches and the hood hinge on the center of the cowl.

i was gonna put a nv5600 6 speed behind my cummins but lately have been hearing that the dodge 5 and 6 speed trannys are kinda junk.... so im selling my 6 speed i have and looking to use a fuller 6 speed with OD, anybody have any comments, how are the fullers for shifting and reliability??
    thanks killers
    JD

I'd say the cab maybe a 29ish chevy.There is one similar out on my buddies farm that still has the oval gauge insert that fits into that dash hole.It has 4 oval guages in it.Does the cab have any plates on it that say body by fisher?We narrowed the one on the farm to a 29 chevy,again a old car converted to a pickup we think.

lets see the pics. there is a tag on the LH side of the firewall that reads "Full Vision, all steel, budd body"
    upon further inspection of the stamped number on the RH of the firewall last night i noticed that there was what appears to be more to it than i thought what i can see is something like this *A457...... for sure i can see 5 numbers stamped, but looking very, very closely i think i can make out a star and a "A" that precede the five digit number
    is there a way of plugging that found number in somewhere to see if it means anything....

[IMG][/IMG]

so here is a bit more progress on the cab, passanger side cab corner done and yet to get the driver side done......
    Last edited by Burnin#2; 01-19-2011 at 10:24 AM. Reason: picture position.....

and here is my driver side cab corner completed, and i must say for my first cab corner fab and install went nicely :)
    next up is a support bar along the bottom of the dash cuz i dont think the dash alone is strong enough to support it on its own, although i dont know how the factory column was attached, is my cab missing supports??
    then on to some good quality door latches are next on the list

and here is my dash.... anyone have any ideas what this cab is???

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast