Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register

Question 30's Chevy truck windshield frame??

I saw a thread on here awhile back where someone made their own windshield frame. I have searched most of the day and I cannot for the life of me find the thread. I thought I had subscribed to it but apparently not.

Does anyone remember who built it? In the thread I saw the guy used small square channel I believe and milled one edge off, bent the corners etc. Or if you have made one can you post some pictures and give me some measurements?

I bought a '38 Chevy truck but it didn't come with the windshield or frame. If I had a piece of the original I could probably build one but I have nothing to go by as far as the inside and outside channel, how the weather stripping fits against the cab, or how the glass is held in.

I got the original window crank mechanism free and it works great, now I need a frame to put in front of it.

Thanks in advance.....

Here is the one I think you are talking about. Not a chevy though.

http://www.killbillet.com/showthread.php?t=8870

the one rockabilityrat posted up is the only one i know of on here..

Default Thanks!!!!

That's the one I was thinking of. I apparently had it in my mind that it was a Chevy. That would explain why I couldn't find it. I had subscribed to it and it was there the whole time. The four or five hours I spent searching yesterday is time I will never get back.....Luckily I was at work and not wasting building time which is very limited anyway.

Thanks guys.

Does anyone have or would anyone like to post some measurements from a 38 Chevy frame?

Hope these help. her is a link to some good info.... http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/index.htm

Let me know if you find a resource for windshield frames. I also need one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3825.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	53227   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3820.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	53228  

You can buy a remanufactured windshield frame for a 38 chevy truck if you want to save yourself the headaches... ill have to see if i can dig up the company name if you want

Default Chevsofthe40s.com

Quote Originally Posted by CORPO View Post
    You can buy a remanufactured windshield frame for a 38 chevy truck if you want to save yourself the headaches... ill have to see if i can dig up the company name if you want

Here's one site that has a reproduction.....

http://www.chevsofthe40s.com/detail/10876.html

$340.75 ea. NO THANKS...I only paid $600.for the whole truck, minus the windshielf frame. Guess I'll know better next time.

I'll sweat it out and try to make it before I spend over $300.00 for one. My front disk brake set up was under $300.

Have you found anything below $300? The site above is the cheapest I've found so far.

Sorry I missed you at Jefferson...I got some really good deals on wheels and tires. I just wish I had more cash in my pocket. Did you find anything worth buying?

I found one more other than Chevsofthe40s. Hardly any cheaper. Hopefully someone has another source I havent ran across. Or a line on some used ones. http://www.bowtiebits.com/store/stor..._Category_ID=6