Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register

Default pics of friction shocks

is anybody runnin them id like to see some pics and also here you thoughts on them ......i myself would like to run them all the way around but i dont know much about them

Default Rear shock

Im going to make my own one for the rear end.Im going to make it so it is transverse mount like the rear spring with two large arms.Im just going to get my local brake and clutch shop to make the friction pads and use a valve spring and bolt to keep the friction.

look up macsratz.com they make and sell some. all it is, is a adjustable shock that gets its resistance from the tightening of a bolt between washers and the arm. the tighter you tighten the bolt the more the resistance.
    ________
    Pattaya condominiums
    Last edited by cadillacoffin; 08-25-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Timbo,
    Can you send some pics of the friction shocks? I like the looks of them, but how do they ride? I'm not seeking a cadillac ride, but I would like some cushion. I'm not as young as I used to be.
    :rolleyes:

Im running them on my 35. I did take them off the back axle because they bounced alot. But they work great on the front. You can run thicker oil in them and that helps. I like um..:)

Friction Shocks don't use oil.

you guys must be talkin about two different things here. Funny thing is i know what you both mean.

friction shocks, I need to look into that a bit more I think. More pics are always helpful BUT so is a simple forum search.

Google Larry Grobe's shop at www.voodoolarrykustoms.com
    Larry has a set of friction shocks on his VooDoo Diablo dodge.
    I believe he made them also.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by timbo View Post
    Mine are on the front of my bug. The link from the lower controll arm is a sway bar link from a late 90s jeep wrangler I shortned. The other pices I made myself. I have put over 5000 miles on them and works great.
    Tim
    The angle on that upper ball joint is scary :eek: