Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 9 of 10 First ... 78910 Last

Up here in Canada you'll get ticketed every time, but that's because the cops are giving you a ticket to cover their asses, If you fight it you will win any day of the week if whatever you vehicle is registered as didn't come with seat belts.

However for the hour of labour and $100 bucks it costs it worth it keep them out of your hair.

I'm not here to debate wearing it or not cause you will or you wont.

-Noah

You can't argue with the stupid, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I've never been in an accident without a seat belt; I have been rearended quite hard with a seatbelt on though. My father was in a bad accident in his teens. He got T-boned and ejected from his buddies impala. He was in a hospital for close to 6 months.

superior montana on 1.25 acres out of town

So far our law in montana is pre-68 or if it never came with seat belts. I personally have them.. #1 fasten grandkids/foster kid car seat. #2 avoid hassles. We also run fenderless. Don't know that one but haven't been stopped.

I'd guess it depends on your state. Lap belts were mandated in '63, so I don't know what a cop would be thinking to write a ticket to someone in a Model T, unless the particular state had passed a law requiring belts to be installed in all cars. I know that here in Virginia, pre '63 vehicles do not have to have seat belts.

superior montana on 1.25 acres out of town

I keep my little kids and my grandkids belted in. The wrecked glass bucket was a poor example for seat belt legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dodges10 View Post
    I keep my little kids and my grandkids belted in. The wrecked glass bucket was a poor example for seat belt legislation.
    #2 reason I am not a fan of fiberglass bodies.

I was in a bad car accident, and my sternum and ribs were broken from the seatbelt, but without it, the steering wheel would have ended my life.

I did not have seat belts this is what happened my wife broke her leg this was about a 20mph impactClick image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1549.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	84100
    I will put seat belts in

choppintops Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas13 View Post
    #2 reason I am not a fan of fiberglass bodies.

Yea, cause that 18 gauge thin steel on a 23 roadster body will hold up like a TANK

i drive my 27 like i ride bikes
    just assume everybody at all times is trying to kill me.
    and i always wear my belt

Quote Originally Posted by Track-T View Post
    Stuff happens....
    Not sure belts would very useful on that mishap seeing the bucket was attached to the frame 10 feet away. Seat belts are a touchy argument with points on both sides.In Ma the law is if it didnt come from the factory then your safe and dont need them.This is the super safe state where they want to wrap us all in bubble wrap to make us safe

Page 9 of 10 First ... 78910 Last