Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default rat rod truck beds

anybody know of any companies fabing up beds for rats need somethin around 50x46. looking somethin that dont look like tubing and sheet metal welded together lol

thanks

You dont put reproduction **** on a rat rod!!!!! Thats street rod crap!

But yeah, its not hard to find old pickup boxes. Just take a ride through the country side. You wouldnt believe how many there are out there converted into trailers. Really theres nothing to em, especially if your not runnin fenders.

yeah was planing build my own bed just thought someone might sell a kit or something that would have been a little cheaper. not much left around here that isnt completely gone from rust.

Last Refuge is one source for fairly inexpensive beds, but there have been some reports that they are veeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy slow to deliver, like 3 months or more. Here is their website.

www.lastrefugehotrod.com

Don

Make your own bed its not all that hard , and you can make one alot cheaper then you can buy it. I'd post you some pics but I can't get my Photobucket to work right, worked last week now nothing Dan

We bent up the first bed for my Sons RPU, then he decided to go with a Brookville bed, so I inherited it and am using it on my Dodge pickup. Not too hard to do, but a sheet metal brake helps a lot.

Don

Here is the bed when it was on his RPU,

And then on my Dodge truck.

Default my truck bed

this is a link to a truck i am building. you can see how i built my bed.
    http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4443

Where do you get the stack pockets from other that original? I know that you can just use square stock, but I like the look of original. Thanks

at the corners were the square stock comes up to meet the angle of the top sheet metal just cut a hole the size of the square tube and weld it in.
    you can also make the angle at the top flat to.

those look great!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last