Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Smile Whitewall Machine

Does anyone have any info on a machine that cuts whitewalls on your tires or paints whitewalls on. I seen a guy doing it at the frog follies a couple of years ago. Would like info. please.

krylon gloss white and some duct tape to mask it off and your done........lol

How did the machine work, what did it look like?. I've done a lot of hand grinding with a 4" tigerpaw, with pretty good results, but the sidewall is a little wavey at times.

I've thought about fabbing up a spinner--like a wheel balancer- with a holding tool for the grinder, but have never seen one.

PA41

Had that done at the follies last year. Tires looked good and stayed white for about 2-3 weeks then turned yellow( never got them looking like they were when he put the whitewall on).This is the site www.customtirefx.com

When I used to work for a used-car dealer he had a guy that came in every once in a while and ground out narrow whitewalls to make wide whites. He jacked up the car, set up his grinding machine on the gorund next to the tire, and it spun the wheel and ground the sidewalls all at once. It's been a LONG time ago, and I can't really remember how the machine was made, but it was pretty simple.
    ....................................____
    .................__________|___\____
    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

the last tire grinding machine i saw weighed about 900 pounds. it wasn`tr very portable.

Ive seen the first one but never seen the second one with the tire spinning. Gona keep that in mind.... thanks

I used to work in a hot recap shop in the late 80's. We had a machine that you popped the tire on and inflated it and it had a grinder similar to the one above. We cut the little tits off from the molding process, and dressed the whitewall or whitletter. You could make the whitewall wider than stock also. Hot cap shops have all but disappeared.
    Tucker

Page 1 of 2 12 Last