Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
  1. Default 1932 - 1934 Truck Grille Shell

I've got a 34 Ford truck on the original chassis. The grille shell I have is completely rotted out on the bottom. I was wondering is a 32 car shell will work over my 34 radiator? Anyone know if their pretty much the same? The re-pop steel 32 shells are a lot cheaper than an original 34 commercial grille.

Check some of the Streetrod Radiator company sites,
    and see if they list the same rad for both shells.

Places like Walker etc.

They might also include dimensions.

the only difference should be the depth. the deuce car grill shell is alittle smaller front to back wise compared to 33/34 grill shells. not 100% sure on this but i remember reading this just the other day.

4. Default

Would I be better off just using a 32 front cross member and radiator? The 32 Radiator mounts to the top of the cross member. The 34 radiator mounts in front of the cross member.

I put a 34 Ford truck shell on my 26 T Roadster. Its 2-3 inches wider, deeper, & longer than a 32. I cut 4" out of the sides to shorten it to fit over a large aluminum Rad, and not drag --had to cool a 455 hot rodded pontiac with constant heating problems (which were solved).

The Truck shells are hard to find, and are Xpensive, but a cool item. I bet your half rusted out shell is worth more that a good 32. Ya might do some trading with someone for a good 32, or repair/rebuild the one ya got-(it'd probably be worth the trouble, they're pretty desireable.)

PA41

just use the one that you have:cool: