Announcement

Collapse

New Potential Members Please READ THIS!!!!!!

Attention new potential members!!
We have many new users register daily, and it can be very difficult to tell between the spam bots and real people. All approvals are done first thing in the mornings Pacific time Monday through Friday. If you have trouble registering or have any questions feel free to e-mail me at admin@killbillet.com.

Enjoy the forum!

Admin
See more
See less

1954 chevy 235 won't start.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1954 chevy 235 won't start.

Ok long story. So I decided to change my points and condenser. When I took off the old points I noticed they were adjusted super close like they barely opened. Why would somebody do that?
    Now I have the new ones in, adjusted to .016 and I'm not getting any spark.

Also I noticed I couldn't see the ball on the flywheel at no.1 tdc. So I spun the motor till I saw it appear and the rotor us pointing to #6. Is It possible the distributor is stabbed incorrectly?

Have pics don't know if needed but why not :)
    pointer and ball on flywheel aligned
    rotor position
    wire goes to #6

http://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/...&Number=364509 this link might explain it better than I could.

Comment

It seems that guy was looking at the wrong hole. Maybe the distributor is 180 out?

Comment

Onto the points though I have them gapped right(so I think) every wire seems grounded. I have an inline spark checker hooked to #1 and I'm not seeing any spark.
        Coil reads 5.3v on acc doesn't get any higher when I'm cranking. Could be a 6 volt though I'm not positive.
        Anybody know any thing I can test?

Comment

Put the old condenser in and it fired up. WTF !

Comment

i have heard a lot of times the cheap, newer condensers are no good right out of the box. i have had ok luck, but i have heard that from others. at least you rigured it out!

Comment

Working...
            X