Announcement

Collapse

New Potential Members Please READ THIS!!!!!!

Attention new potential members!!
We have many new users register daily, and it can be very difficult to tell between the spam bots and real people. All approvals are done first thing in the mornings Pacific time Monday through Friday. If you have trouble registering or have any questions feel free to e-mail me at admin@killbillet.com.

Enjoy the forum!

Admin
See more
See less

Gas Monkey Garage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Monkey Garage

http://www.gasmonkeygarage.com/monkey_content.html

Check out the Gas Monkey Garage website. Although these guys have some serious money behind their big buck chassis designs against all that is "Real Rat Rod." They still have some cool ideas. This is also the home of the so low "31 pancake" you see alot of pictures of. Also, Rat Rods hauled around in a shiny custom painted Semi Trailer - there's just something wrong with that!
    Last edited by thunder1; 01-01-2007, 12:29 AM.

I support them since a certain site has done everything but take out a hit on them . I hate the other site.Starts with a h and ends with a s.

Comment

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Its funny and Ive been seeing this alot lately. Shops are buying cars that others have built and toteing them around as thier show pieces. The Coffee table A for example, some shop bought Chris' (loudpedal) A and now have thier logo on the car...I think its a friend of his, but anyway. Whats the deal with this stuff...shouldnt a hot rod shop be building thier own cars. Ok rant over.

Comment

Yea I know, I hear ya! Ka Ching! - Ka Ching! - Ka Ching!! $$$$ I just like the look of one or two cars on the site thats all. I like the pancake doing a burnout on video too! That car rocks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bones View Post
            I support them since a certain site has done everything but take out a hit on them . I hate the other site.Starts with a h and ends with a s.

Yeah Bones, I had myself banned from that forum for this very reason. They were going nuts on Gas Monkey and even Coker Tire, who had zero to do with the events. Weird group over there, especially Jon.

As for GMG, don't hate them just because they are big business and have a few bucks. Nothing wrong with having some money. They do turn out some of their own cars, like the sedan that won that race, and others that they build for other people.

It is like any other busines, they are there to make money and employ people. After that other forum fiasco I had a chance to speak with Richard from GMG, and he was a super nice guy, not the wild man he portrays in some of his videos. I also got to know Corky Coker, and again, just a super nice guy with a business to run.

I don't know about the buying others cars and claiming them to be theirs, but I have seen that they have bought and sold lots of cars on Ebay.

Don

Comment

The bunny has spoken,,all hail

Comment

They have an awesome looking site but it would be a step in the right direction if they would give this kid some recognition for being the actual builder....

I still can't figure out how he was able to even get in the car....
                Rust Ranchers C.C.:cool:

Comment

Thats all I was getting at Butch. Sure they have put thier touches on it, shops have been doing that for ever. But if someone didnt know any better they would think that they built the car entiely. I'm not into the car at all but give the credit were its do.

Comment

NIce stance though, hey buddy can you tell me when the light changes. :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by humfleet View Post
                      NIce stance though, hey buddy can you tell me when the light changes. :cool:

I guess that is why he left the roof open. :D :D :D Nice looking rod though.

Don

Comment

I knew there was a reason to post the GMG link on Killbillet.com. Y'all have taught me a few things I would have probably never known about the story behind the pancake or GMG! I'm all about educating myself on things. That's one of the reasons I joined Killbillet.com. You guys are great teachers, - Thanks!! I had no idea of the controversy that exists or the real story behind the pancake Ford. You see, I don't get out of the hills of Tennessee very much! Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Greezy View Post
                          Thats all I was getting at Butch. Sure they have put thier touches on it, shops have been doing that for ever. But if someone didnt know any better they would think that they built the car entiely. I'm not into the car at all but give the credit were its do.

Yeah, I hope I helped you make your point and agree with you. Chris is one of my friends on myspace and seems to be a good guy.

I can see where these shops would want to have high profile rides to help promote their shop and if they absolutely fell in love with Chris' car and then went out and built a similiar car, it would always be referred to as a copy of the original. So, like we're both saying.....at least give credit to the original builder when you display it.

Here's one i've been wondering about. Who originally built this car.....or is it really theirs?

Comment

That sedan was part of the controversy that Bones and I alluded to, and why he and I no longer frequent a particular forum.

To give you the Readers Digest condensed version, GMG posted a video on that forum of two of it's people (guys) wearing thongs. It was meant to be funny, but I have to admit it was pretty distasteful. The Administrator of that forum took real offense at it, and laid them out for doing it. Then he did his own parody of that video, and started to really attack them.

How the sedan got involved was that in the video, Richard of GMG says they build it for Newstalgia Wheels, and the owner of that company is a member of the "Coker Family." The Administrator of the forum turned that somehow into Coker Tire funding this video. From there it went downhill to where the agent for GMG was a pedophile, and frequented sites where guys pick up kids.

The whole thing was a fiasco, and they were implicating Corky Coker in all of this mess, and the poor guy had no idea what the H*** was going on. I phoned him one day to tell him not everybody thought any of this was true, and found him to be one of the nicest people you would ever meet.

Me and a couple of other guys on that forum stood up to the Administrator and told him we thought what he was doing was outside the bounds of what a forum should be doing, and he banned one other guy, and so I told him to ban me too, and he did. I would have never wanted to be part of a sick forum like that anyway.

Hope this fills in some of the blanks, and is only my perspective of what happened there.

Don

Comment

Wow:eek: I had heard mention of that mess a while back but had no idea that was the sedan they were talking about. That was one situation that got blown wayyyyy out of proportion.

Well, here's another one for you guys to ponder. Anybody recognized this truck? I took these in 2005 at the Hot Rod ReUnion in Bowling Green. The original builder brought the truck to see if he could sell it.

The new owner is a great guy and i'm not knocking him in any way. Just goes to show there's a lot of companies doing this. Wonder if he credits the builder?

Comment

Working...
                              X