Announcement

Collapse

New Potential Members Please READ THIS!!!!!!

Attention new potential members!!
We have many new users register daily, and it can be very difficult to tell between the spam bots and real people. All approvals are done first thing in the mornings Pacific time Monday through Friday. If you have trouble registering or have any questions feel free to e-mail me at admin@killbillet.com.

Enjoy the forum!

Admin
See more
See less

rat rod truck beds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rat rod truck beds

anybody know of any companies fabing up beds for rats need somethin around 50x46. looking somethin that dont look like tubing and sheet metal welded together lol

thanks

You dont put reproduction **** on a rat rod!!!!! Thats street rod crap!

But yeah, its not hard to find old pickup boxes. Just take a ride through the country side. You wouldnt believe how many there are out there converted into trailers. Really theres nothing to em, especially if your not runnin fenders.
    My truck --- more of my truck
    Whos from Upstate NY

Comment

yeah was planing build my own bed just thought someone might sell a kit or something that would have been a little cheaper. not much left around here that isnt completely gone from rust.

Comment

Last Refuge is one source for fairly inexpensive beds, but there have been some reports that they are veeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy slow to deliver, like 3 months or more. Here is their website.

www.lastrefugehotrod.com

Don

Comment

Make your own bed its not all that hard , and you can make one alot cheaper then you can buy it. I'd post you some pics but I can't get my Photobucket to work right, worked last week now nothing Dan

Comment

We bent up the first bed for my Sons RPU, then he decided to go with a Brookville bed, so I inherited it and am using it on my Dodge pickup. Not too hard to do, but a sheet metal brake helps a lot.

Don

Here is the bed when it was on his RPU,

And then on my Dodge truck.

Comment

my truck bed

this is a link to a truck i am building. you can see how i built my bed.
              http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4443

Comment

Where do you get the stack pockets from other that original? I know that you can just use square stock, but I like the look of original. Thanks

Comment

at the corners were the square stock comes up to meet the angle of the top sheet metal just cut a hole the size of the square tube and weld it in.
                  you can also make the angle at the top flat to.

Comment

those look great!!!

Comment

http://www.wildhorsemesa.com/hot_rod..._rod_parts.htm
                      Old and Low is the Way to Go!

Reverend_Grimm13 is my Hero!

Comment

Originally posted by alamolucky View Post
                        Where do you get the stack pockets from other that original? I know that you can just use square stock, but I like the look of original. Thanks

I will find out where my Son bought his. They are reproduction stake pockets and do make the bed look more original. They simply rivet or bolt on around the perimeter. I thought it was the Ford Barn, but I looked and apparently it was someone else..........I'll let you know.

Don

Comment

Mine is the stock box that i cut 33" out of the middle. We just overlapped the two pieces and spot welded and riveted it back together.
                          Attached Files
                          build and drive what YOU like and have fun doing it.
                          '68 VW,'60 DodgeDart
                          www.myspace.com/tradrod
                          www.differentstrokescarclub.com

Comment

70 something chevy short narrow and long narrow without the fenders look just like old beds you can cut them down easy
                            loud and fast o yea and cheap:eek:

Comment

You can get repo stake pockets at www.classicchevroletparts.com Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X