Announcement

Collapse

New Potential Members Please READ THIS!!!!!!

Attention new potential members!!
We have many new users register daily, and it can be very difficult to tell between the spam bots and real people. All approvals are done first thing in the mornings Pacific time Monday through Friday. If you have trouble registering or have any questions feel free to e-mail me at admin@killbillet.com.

Enjoy the forum!

Admin
See more
See less

49 ford f1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49 ford f1

This is where im at with my 49 ford f1. I started out completley stock. Picked the the truck up off a local oldtimer. Its ben sitting in his yard as long as i have ben alive (24) years haha. I can remember this thing ever since i was a little kid goin over to his house with my grandpa. Always wanted the truck but he wouldent get rid of it. Well long story short i ened up with it some odd years later and i had to shovel the flowers the neighbor lady had growing in the bed. She was dissapointed lol. I took it home started to cut her up decided to go the rat rod direction since rust was taking over the body. So i picked up a tranverse front end out of a 1940 ford made a spring perch and welded it on. Got her mounted up. Heated and bent the old wishbone bars out so i could mont them on outside of frame. Extended steering arm. Chopped frame and lowerd it down and attached an 82 ford box truck rearend to it frame leafs and all for a high tow capacity haha. That was free from the neighbor. Chopped cab 6 inches. Rebuilt 1x1 square tube floor in the cab. Purchased a 425 wildcat nailhead v8 for her that runs very strong. All new seals and paint and carb on that. Headers into dual stacks are next step for exhaust. I will keep you updated as i go.
    Attached Files

More pics. This is the nailheads first seat in its new home
    Attached Files

Comment

nice deere torque monster behind

Comment

The rat

Picture from rear. Gunna build a wood bed with stake sides.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice. Nuttin like a dully. Cool ride

Comment

Ok been awhile but i sure did get alot done... Frame exhaust cab is getting shot with flat black brakes is the next adventure...let me know what you think of my suicide shifter out the door.. Used the stock parking brake
            Attached Files

Comment

Reach on the shifter
              Attached Files

Comment

Suicide out of the E brake
                Attached Files

Comment

Made these headers... Full stainless pipe free from work into dual stacks... Using the original stacks we picked her up with
                  Attached Files

Comment

You are OK I'm my book by running duals in the rear! I love the shifter. Mine will be getting one similar.

Comment

Haha thanks man... I love the duallys..my buddie and I that are building this went out to minnesota in jan and bought another 49 f5 that was already chopped and lowered with the origanal flathead in her...ill post a pic its the next build... I checked out your ride looks pretty awesome. Love the older 40's cabs and the diesel.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Your truck is looking really sweet! I love the shifter, I'm sure my wife would beat me with a frying pan if I tried that lol.

Comment

I'm really diggin the way you did those headers and exhaust! Don't ever remember seeing that done before.

Comment

Awesome

Great work....I have the same year truck in process with a nailhead also....love teh work keep the pics coming
                            Robert
                            1949? F6
                            425 Nailhead

If its rusted....I probably want it!

Comment

Thanks. Yea my truck is coming right along. Diesels are where its at! Im pretty much done with all the big stuff now I just have the little stuff to do like run brake lines and and rebuild all the brakes and master cylinder.

Comment

Working...
                              X