PDA

View Full Version : Regular Plates

1966g10
02-20-2012, 08:22 AM
Wondering if anyone is running normal plates on their rat rod? Here in Wisconsin if you get the Collector plates you have to have an inspection, and make sure that the car is all original. So I plan on getting normal plates for my '37 Chevy truck. Wondering if anyone has gotten stopped with normal plates?

Stroker McGurk
02-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Why would you get stopped with "normal" plates?......I would think it would be the other way around, "collector" plates on a modified vehicle.

I have run regular plates on mt modified vehicles for 40 years

1966g10
02-20-2012, 09:10 AM
Why would you get stopped with "normal" plates?......I would think it would be the other way around, "collector" plates on a modified vehicle.

I have run regular plates on mt modified vehicles for 40 years

I thought that it would have to follow the regulations. Where I live we dont have exhaust emmision testing but I want to run open headers and dont want to be stopped for them being loud. Would the year thing come into factor as in they didnt have noise or sound restrictions in 1937?

punkinrat62
02-20-2012, 09:17 AM
I thought that it would have to follow the regulations. Where I live we dont have exhaust emmision testing but I want to run open headers and dont want to be stopped for them being loud. Would the year thing come into factor as in they didnt have noise or sound restrictions in 1937?

Just don't drive like an jerk and you should be alright.

Stroker McGurk
02-20-2012, 10:53 AM
If you have a loud rig, they aint gonna care what plates you have.

Rock n' Roll Hot Rods
02-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Good point!:bomb: