PDA

View Full Version : Front I-Beam Question

JohnGTaxi
05-24-2007, 06:59 PM
I am currently working on a 1964 dodge town panel. Well after finding this site, well something has come over me in a crazy way. So with that said some questions I have: 1. What is the best way of lowering the front end, it has leaf spring over I-Beam? 2.The rear end will need to have the axle flip and will need new plates welded on, soung right? Im sure there are axle kits?

Also i will be chopping the top, yee haw!!

Thanks for advice,
John

cadillacoffin
05-24-2007, 07:12 PM
this has came up previously and frankly there is no one answer. lots of thigns can be done. drop axle, reposistioning the leaf, zing yoru frame. depends on what you want. what are you going for below is a realy easy way to raise the front end but it looks crap to me. no offence to anyone who has done it this way just not my cupotea. if you decide to move the spring maybe just swaping perch will work. if the spring is below move it above, if already above depending on on the amount of lowering you want you could just a spacer like all the 4x4s with thier trucks on "blocks" same princible just bacwards
________
redheaded Cams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/redhead-girls/)

mike1951
05-28-2007, 06:19 AM
try to get sid from dropped axles to look at stretching your i beam... he did that for my 1951 chevy truck and for another guys 54... read the post on the 54 chevy truck on this board... it's under 50's rat rods...
m