PDA

View Full Version : Lurker no more...

Fat Boy
01-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Well, been lurking for a while, posted a couple times, figured I better introduce myself.

My names Wade, I live in Utah, just moved back from TN about a year ago. I love hot rods, vintage military vehicles, aviation, and pretty much anything from the '40's. I've been married to the love of my life for nearly 11 years, and have 4 kids that love the same things I do. :) I'm a volly firefighter, Active in the Civil Air Patrol, and a student, as well as having a full time job so sadly not much time or money for my habit :(

My current "rod" if I can stretch the term that much is a '49 Ford F-2 with a flathead V-8 and a four spd. It has just over 21,000 original miles on it!!! It sat in a field in NV for 47 years before I got it, and started right up with a new battery and gas, show me a new car you could do that with. Sadly, haven't been able to do much with it yet, but I'd like to drop it down a bit at the very least. I've been toying with the idea of going full fenderless and chopping it, but hate to start something that in depth till I have more time. Anyway, thats the gist of me for now, look forward to reading coments and getting to know ya'll more in the future.

MILLRAT
01-19-2009, 08:53 PM
welcome...good story on the ford, good luck with her

Fat Boy
01-20-2009, 08:06 AM
Thanks MR, I'm gonna need it. I really like the old girl, and she's got a good history like you said. I just hope that I can make her into what I want her to be.